Built an AK

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
A friend of mine offered to let me come to his place and build and AK. I have to tell you having literally drilled the holes, set the rivets and built this rifle is really cool. People who tell you AK's aren't accurate, well I think its safe to say they haven't shot one built properly. We took mine out the day after we built it and consistently made hits on steel at 300 yards with only the iron sights. At 100 yards groups were in the 2 inch range, some less than 2, and that's shooting steel cased ammo.

Also, if you have an AK and don't have an ALG trigger you should get one. I didn't think an AK could have such a nice trigger.

beda0d99d1b24abbb9e97505869aedfa.jpg

The Magpul folding stock is really nice, locks up solid, folded it fits in a tennis racket case.
e9df244da43217f257b6f1104c22fab8.jpg

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Glad you and Jeff were able to get together. He's a good dude on a mission. I like the rifle. That ring at 300 is very gratifying and so easy it almost gets boring... almost.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
This is awesome. Is this something that you pay to do? Build the rifle I mean. Perhaps not like a class, but a service.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Michael Ray said:
Glad you and Jeff were able to get together. He's a good dude on a mission. I like the rifle. That ring at 300 is very gratifying and so easy it almost gets boring... almost.

Yeah, now to see if I can do it at 500 during the run n gun! I did it last year with my Garand, so we'll see!

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
This is awesome. Is this something that you pay to do? Build the rifle I mean. Perhaps not like a class, but a service.
Jeff is hosting a class soon, he has helped several people do builds solo as well. The class would be well worth it, the rifle you walk away with is as well made as any out there, not to mention the fact that you built it. Look at what other classes cost, then see what he is charging, it's a steal.

Latest posts