Buckshot what kind of targets?

Bob H

Fanatic
Some matches seem to include buckshot. What type of targets do you use it on? So far all the matches I have been to have been just birdshot and slug. I signed up for the Surefire world championship and they reference slugs, so I am wondering what to expect.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm new to it, but I have shot one match with buckshot in the stage, and it was for a more distant large popper. That match only had one, and it was right at the beginning of the shotgun array, so I think it was intended to mess with people's load plan. Do you load one buckshot and plan to load extra in case you miss, or load two buckshot and pop another one off if you hit with the first one?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Further steel poppers or plates or paper targets. Buck shot is fun but resetting far away buckshot steal isn't so much fun. Neither is taping up paper target with 9 holes and a wad from buck shot.

MarkCO

Well-Known Fanatic
At the Noveske match, I put 9 plates (8 and 12 inches) at about 22-25 yards that were buckshot targets. It was set up so that you could shoot them first, middle or last depending on how you ran the stage, which also had 12 birdshot and 9 slugs.

Latest posts