Buckmark Vs. Mark III Vs. Victory

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I've got a Ruger Mark III 22/45 that I've suppressed, upgraded, and enjoy. I really don't know jack about these little plinkers other then it's a blast to take them out with a suppressor on them and let friends and the kids ring steel until they are too dirty to cycle.

So I figured rather then buy one of each and find out for myself I'd ask the experts what y'all thought of this trio of 22 pistols.

sc3786

Active Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I've got a Ruger Mark III 22/45 that I've suppressed, upgraded, and enjoy. I really don't know jack about these little plinkers other then it's a blast to take them out with a suppressor on them and let friends and the kids ring steel until they are too dirty to cycle.

So I figured rather then buy one of each and find out for myself I'd ask the experts what y'all thought of this trio of 22 pistols.
I picked up a used victory around Christmas to shoot as a second gun in steel challenge (before I built my pcc). I have only shot a Mark III to compare with, but both are about the same to me. The victory has a pretty decent trigger out of the box and is as accurate as I need it to be. Lots of after market stuff from Tandemkross and Volquartsen. The ability to take it apart and clean it easily is handy. Only issues I have heard is with the takedown screw coming loose after 100 or so rounds. Was a easy fix by using a lock washer.

Overall a fun gun to shoot, especially with a red dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
All good, I want one of each. My grandson's Victory and my buckmark both have decent triggers out of the box. No problems with either. We use them in Steel Challenge. I like how his Victory takes down for cleaning. He got it before the Mark IV's came out.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
I shot a bare bones Buckmark in steel challenge for a while, and it ran well. I can't remember why I sold it.

To me the Victory just looks plain hideous. Other than that I have no reason to believe its not a shooter.

All said and done though, I've personally always liked Ruger .22's. Looking at a Mark IV to be my next .22 blaster.

Michael Harrell

Well-Known Fanatic
The Ruger MK iv light is the way to go. One button disassembly is much easier than previous gens, still has a huge availability of aftermarket parts, and my mk iii light is stupid light. The Buckmarks and Victory's have better triggers out of the box but that's one of the first things most people upgrade anyway.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
I'll stick with my Ruger Mark III Hunter.
Love my hunter. We do a 22lr pin shoot here I use it for. Been meaning to try steel challenge with it but we don't have many SS matches here. Would be difficult to add suppressor tho.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
Sounds like I should just wait for the mark IV 22/45 before I make any changes.
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. I already have the mags so it makes sense.

dennishoddy

59nolimit said:
Love my hunter. We do a 22lr pin shoot here I use it for. Been meaning to try steel challenge with it but we don't have many SS matches here. Would be difficult to add suppressor tho.
There is about 3/4" of smooth round barrel from the muzzle before it hits the flutes. I'm thinking a good "smith" could get some threads in that area and host a supressor.

Latest posts