Brass Exchange

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I shot 100 rounds yesterday, and swept up my brass. During sorting later in the evening, from that pile, there were seven 30-06 brass cases, two 38 Super, and some 9mm Para. I have no use for 30-06 or 38 Super. But I bet someone does. What do you think about the idea of reloaders getting together every once and awhile to exchange unneeded brass? I realize that 30-06 brass is more valuable than .223 or 9mm brass, but I can't use it anyway, so I'd trade it one for one to get usable brass if it came down to it. Most people seem to toss out unneeded but viable brass. But if that brass were stored, for maybe three or six months, and there was some kind of swap meet for brass, we could probably all come out ahead. As long as some tard doesn't try trading ruined or garbage brass.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Great idea. I have a couple hundred .357 sig saved up that I'd trade to anybody. It is already tumbled.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
sounds fine to me. I tried giving away 308 brass on another forum, just asked for actual shipping or you meet me nd never had a response.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I need some more .40 - my bucket isn't quite full yet...

pre_1306721969__imgp0498.jpg

dennishoddy

I think this is a great Idea. :D
I'm a brass whore. For whatever reason, at the range, if there is a piece of brass on the ground I'll pick it up. After looking at my stash of brass the other day, I must have done several thousand knee bends. Heck, some people pay to go to a gym, I'm getting a good workout at the range! :rolleyes:
I just gave a guy a quart sized bag of .38 super yesterday when he said he needed some.

Olivers_AR

Fanatic
Tag for future reference, once I sort thru the bucket of brass. Flat rate USPS boxes work, as long as they are in business ;)

dennishoddy

I have lots, but I shoot .06.
We really need to do the swap thing. I do it on a small scale. I have a guy that will trade me .44 mag brass for .357. We never count, just throw it into a box, and mail it.
If we wanted to go big time, with a swap meet for brass, etc, I'd sure go for it.
I gave a Rusty several hundred rounds of .40 the other day for picking up a tshirt for me. I'm pretty easy. (not cheap, but easy) :D

I shot a match at Heartland awhile back, and they had a 5 gal bucket of brass on the line. What do they do with that?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Maybe we should post a want list, or a want/have list, and go from there. It doesn't necessarily have to be a trade. I figure I'll just give away the brass I can't use, unless it comes to 500 pieces or more, because I'd rather someone be shooting it than it sitting around or being disposed of. The real goal is to see that someone shoots it. Shooting!

dennishoddy

Maybe we should post a want list, or a want/have list, and go from there. It doesn't necessarily have to be a trade. I figure I'll just give away the brass I can't use, unless it comes to 500 pieces or more, because I'd rather someone be shooting it than it sitting around or being disposed of. The real goal is to see that someone shoots it. Shooting!

I'm pretty easy on this as well. I would think this should go into the "want to sell" forum.