Box to Match Review. Smith 617 :(

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
S&W is letting their customer base do their QC for them. Probably a cost cutting method. It's too bad S&W doesn't have any real competition in revolvers because they really are the best mouse trap on the market but they are trying to morph into another version of that company named for a certain zodiac sign.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
That sucks man. My Dad has a 617 that was one of the very first pistols I ever shot, and it's been flawlessly reliable as long as you clean it every 10 years or so. Sucks to see them going downhill. Maybe it will open up the market to some better competition.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Seems that the older models of guns are the way to go anymore. Quality control has taken a backseat to immediate profit in Obama run America.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
dr poopgiggle said:
didn't Smith's quality originally start to slide during the Reagan administration?
Yes. Between him and Maggie Thatcher's Neoliberalism, the 80's were lame.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Not trying to bring politics into it, just pointing out how silly it is to blame "Obama's America" for QC issues that are 30-odd years old.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Fair enough, so long as we don't mention the war.

Frankly I would like to own a 617 and I am sad to see the QC is not what it should be.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
dr poopgiggle said:
Not trying to bring politics into it, just pointing out how silly it is to blame "Obama's America" for QC issues that are 30-odd years old.
With a name like Poopgiggle, you should see a joke.
I blame everything bad on Obama.

Latest posts