Bought the Vortex Viper PST 1-4

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
I went ahead and bought the PST 1-4 while I was at H&H. I figured it would be a good optic for my new Loki. The gun is a few weeks out, but so far I really like what Vortex is doing.

They didn't have the Razor HD in the 1-4 available. I looked through the Razor HD 5-20 and I really like it. Even more then the Nightforce.

What is the main difference between the Razor and PST? My 338 Lapua still needs scoped and I plan on doing it soon. If the Razor HD is worth the extra money, then I will get it.

Does anyone have experience with both of these that could weigh in? My wife was even impressed with the Razor 5-20... Lol.. Might make this buy a little easier, or she is setting me up.

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
Forgot to mention mounts.

I've been looking at Larue's 30mm 1 piece mount. It's pricey, but looks very nice. Anyone have this set up?

I also looked at the Burris AR PEPR 1 piece mount. It's only 80 bucks compared to 250. I'm trying to make sure I "buy once, cry once". But I don't want to just throw money away if a cheaper one is just as reliable

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I got the LaRue SPR-E mount (lots of us are using LaRue, apparently) without quick detach latches for $165. I was very unhappy about the price, but now that it's done, I couldn't really be happier and only had to make the most minor adjustments to my turrets for zeroing. It comes with great instructions, and LaRue also sends some stickers, a cool bottle opener, necessary tools, and if you're lucky some dry rub for barbecue. I used some of that **** for xmas presents, and it went well.

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Mitch...My buddy just got the Larue vertical grip in and they sent him all kinds of stuff....They sent the bottle of spices also. Well I'm this far into it, I might as well buy the 30mm mount.

I went ahead and bought the 5-20X50 Razor HD yesterday. I just bought the Vortex rings. The 200 price tag on them, I should of went with Larue. I don't know if Larue makes a 35mm ring though. I haven't shot yet, but I think I'm going to love this Razor....if not, then I'm **** out of luck. Haha

Now, I just have to learn this MRAD system. 1st time owner. Everything else I have is MOA.

TCummings

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been reading and hearing awesome things about the Vortex Optics, I personally have decided to get rid of my Aimpoint ML2 to get a SPARC for my AR 5.56 setup and also pick up a Vortex Viper scope for my .300 Blackout setup, I just haven't decided which one I am going to get yet.

Latest posts