BoomerShooter.com Deer Hunting Contest!

dennishoddy

Guys and gals, the deer hunting season is quickly coming up, and we have decided to have a contest.

We are going to keep it easy.

A deer harvested, no matter if its a doe or buck, counts as an entry. It doesn't matter how many deer you take, You only get one entry into the contest.

Please post all of the deer you have harvested with a pic, so the rest of us can enjoy your hunt. :D

The winner will be decided by a random drawing from the thread. A person taking one doe, has an equal chance of winning as a person with a full season limit.

At the end of the season, (Jan 15), each hunter that entered, will get a random number. That number on the day of the drawing will be the closing number of the Dow Jones index.( No way to manipulate those numbers.) :D

What we ask is, that you show proof of kill by taking a pic of your animal with "BS" on a paper plate, scratched into the dirt, newspaper header, or your carcass tag showing dates with BS written on the tag.

The prize will be a Maxpedition Vulture II backpack. Valued at $150. That is some serious prize!

RedDawnGear3.jpg

The backpack is provided by our sponsor, Red Dawn Gear. We really appreciate these sponsors putting up this quality gear for our members. We hope all of our members go to their site and support them. Without our sponsors, we would not have these great prizes for this forum.

Since I'm putting this contest on, I'll exclude myself from the contest, but everybody else is eligible. Admin and mods as well.

Good luck on your hunting season, and we will be looking forward to your entrys/pics! :D

Post all pics (and story's) of your deer hunting success this season in this thread to be eligible for the 2011/2012 contest.

Eellis

Well-Known Fanatic
Not yet going in the morning hope to get an entry.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Our first entry! Nice job Lonnie!

Uh Oh! Rule #1 of BoomerShooter deer hunting contest:

What we ask is, that you show proof of kill by taking a pic of your animal with "BS" on a paper plate, scratched into the dirt, newspaper header, or your carcass tag showing dates with BS written on the tag.

We will have to ask for a ruling from our leader, Dennis

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
im pretty jealouse of you guys. i always wanted to go deer hunting but i never want to eat it again. the trou.ble with trying to be responsible and wanting to enjoy the hunt

dennishoddy

Our first entry! Nice job Lonnie!

Uh Oh! Rule #1 of BoomerShooter deer hunting contest: What we ask is, that you show proof of kill by taking a pic of your animal with "BS" on a paper plate, scratched into the dirt, newspaper header, or your carcass tag showing dates with BS written on the tag.

We will have to ask for a ruling from our leader, Dennis

Lonnie, if you have your carcass tag with the date showing its this season, write BS on it, and take a pic of it for us.
Thanks,
Dennis

Now, go out and get some more! :D

dennishoddy

im pretty jealouse of you guys. i always wanted to go deer hunting but i never want to eat it again. the trou.ble with trying to be responsible and wanting to enjoy the hunt
I take it you don't care for venison, and don't deer hunt for that reason?
There is a program called hunters feeding the hungry. Certain processors take deer, process it and it is shared with food banks, homeless shelters, etc.
You can still be a responsible hunter doing this. I donate several a year.

dennishoddy

First official entry! :D
Looks like I'm going to get Sunday off, so if it doesn't rain, It will be my first time on the stand. :D

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
I take it you don't care for venison, and don't deer hunt for that reason?
There is a program called hunters feeding the hungry. Certain processors take deer, process it and it is shared with food banks, homeless shelters, etc.
You can still be a responsible hunter doing this. I donate several a year.

I may have to take advantage of this

imhntn

Founding Member
I'll be back out camping and hunting this weekend. I've been shooting the long bow this week. I have some people that want deer.

dennishoddy

I'll be back out camping and hunting this weekend. I've been shooting the long bow this week. I have some people that want deer.

Absolutly! I hunt on a DMAP as well as private ground.
I have a list of folks that gets the excess.
Helping the deer herd, and helping people. Makes it good for me. :D

Latest posts