Boat trailer issues

Rodshoot

Well-Known Fanatic
Because the trailer is a Class I and it is illegal to sell a Class I trailer with a Class II hitch installed. Trailer is not rated for weight payload of a ClassII.

I presume you know how to unbolt and change the hitch, or use a flipover twin ball once it is your trailer.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
golly...I had a livestock trailer that has a 1 7/8" instead of the ...big ball for class III. on it. Brought it home...fired up the torch and arc welder and got the right one on ASAP.

Dennis... I guess the reasoning is to keep guys like you and me from doing something dumb... or keeping people who are not as smart as you and me from doing what they think we are doing so they don't get hurt.

Most but-t hurt guy I ever saw was trying to haul gravel on a ATV/snowmobile light duty trailer. First... he did not understand why the inside tire blew out when he turned out of the concrete plant... and he sure did'nt expect the <other> tire to blow out after the first one failed.

Now for the MOST glaring trailer issue... ONE PLUG FOR ALL TRAILERS. End of story.

dennishoddy

I guess it just doesn't make sense to me. Even though the boat trailer is a class 1, what difference does it make to put a class II hitch on it?
Anyway, it has a nice 2" hitch on it now.
As far as the "one plug for all trailers", I agree. Was standing at the tractor supply last night looking at trailer parts, and was amazed at all of the adaptors and plug ins.
My Toyota Tacoma uses a 5 wire system for lighting, so I had to buy a $100 electronic adaptor just to be able to hook up a boat or stock trailer.

Latest posts