Blue Bullet 9mm recall info

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Dear customer,

In follow up to our original email pertaining to this issue we would like to add some pertinent details.

It has come to our attention that one of our micrometers has not been functioning properly. The rounds affected were any of the 9mm profiles. Basically there may be .358s mixed into 9mms. You can check the top of a box with a micrometer and it be OK but the affected rounds may be mixed in. We are very unhappy about the issue, as we understand you will be too, and want to get it corrected for any customers affected ASAP. We will be running 24-7 until all affected orders have been corrected. If you have any questions about the issue please let us know. We will do whatever it takes to make each and every customer affected by this issue happy.

We need to have any 9mm you received in your most recent order, returned to us. If you have not opened the packages you have received or will receive, you can mark them return to sender and give them back to the post office. If you have opened the package then we will send return shipping labels upon your response to this email. We will also replace your order and provide a $50 discount code PER PACKAGE for a future purchase to compensate you for your time.

We make it a priority to produce consistent, reliable rounds backed by the best customer service. We also thank you in advance for your understanding and we are very sorry for any inconvenience we have caused you.

Thank You
Scott and Nathan
The Blue Bullets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Wow, way to stand behind their product. There are some that would just not even acknowledge that it happened. And some would simply just replace them.

This is above and beyond in my opinion

noylj

Fanatic
Wow, those are just the right size for EVERY 9x19 I have.
I find that all my 9x19s prefer 0.357-0.358" bullets.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I am think .358 (or bigger) may make even a CZ barrel unhappy there Micah.. :)

BTW, Blue Bullets is a Match Sponsor for Area 4 this September and will be sending a bunch of certificates for the match..

Mike

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I just about guarantee those .358s would shoot just fine in every gun I have chambered in 9mm.

.002 to .003" over shouldn't be a problem at all in a handgun. Now those that didn't get sized at all that sneak through are another matter. They are .006 to .008 IIRC and that's a no go. Somebody forgot to change out a sizing die and they are running multiple sizers or they would all be off.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
I did not get an email from The Blue Bullet Comnpany. Did they indicate a date range where the bullets may be affected?

My latest order of 9mm projectiles was placed Jan 13th and received possibly a week later.

Thanks.

Bill

JMorris

Well-Known Fanatic
I have never ordered from them but would now.

I cast and coat my own and don't treat myself that well.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
JMorris said:
I have never ordered from them but would now.

I cast and coat my own and don't treat myself that well.
you've never given yourself a rebate?

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
I measured and loaded 600 rounds yesterday. 3 were oversized. Ordered 1000 147's today and got $50 off. Great customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
Pstmstr said:
I measured and loaded 600 rounds yesterday. 3 were oversized. Ordered 1000 147's today and got $50 off. Great customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to see that you gave up on the 15 yard tumblers you were using in December! ;)

Latest posts