Blade Tech Black Ice Competition Holster

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I really need to get a bladetech or something for my m&p40. I have that Raven Concealment holster which works great but the popularity of the bladetechs makes me think I am missing out on something.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
[quote author=bsdubois00 link=topic=29.msg169#msg169 date=1284748786]
Jesse - what is the difference b/w the regular BladeTech's that we have?
[/quote]

You really should get a competition holster. I think you should get a competition gun too. It's a lot more fun with a faster, more accurate gun with better sights.

jtischauser

[quote author=jtischauser link=topic=29.msg259#msg259 date=1284765224]
[/quote]

You really should get a competition holster. I think you should get a competition gun too. It's a lot more fun with a faster, more accurate gun with better sights.
[/quote]

I talked to a woman at Bladetech and I didn't get the feeling that she really used the holster or any holster a bunch but she said it allows you to tip the gun quicker and start moving it towards the target slightly sooner so you didn't have to pull it up and out as much. Supposed to be faster. I'll let you know if I can get my .6 scoop draw down to my goal of .4 seconds. Lol!

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Wormy - Jesse is the person to get you addicted - just a fair warning - you will become extremely addicted and spend every free weekend traveling the state shooting in various matches - then it will expand to traveling to OTHER states to participate in matches.

Then you will spend work nights reloading - oh yea you will probably purchase an airsoft gun to practice technique at home as well.

Just a heads up

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
[quote author=B.S. DuBois link=topic=29.msg267#msg267 date=1284768461]
Wormy - Jesse is the person to get you addicted - just a fair warning - you will become extremely addicted and spend every free weekend traveling the state shooting in various matches - then it will expand to traveling to OTHER states to participate in matches.

Then you will spend work nights reloading - oh yea you will probably purchase an airsoft gun to practice technique at home as well.

Just a heads up
[/quote]

That's what I'm afraid of!

I actually want to get into it a little. I really want my pistol skillz to improve.

Curly

Well-Known Fanatic
[quote author=jtischauser link=topic=29.msg261#msg261 date=1284765759]
[quote author=jtischauser link=topic=29.msg259#msg259 date=1284765224]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I talked to a woman at Bladetech and I didn't get the feeling that she really used the holster or any holster a bunch but she said it allows you to tip the gun quicker and start moving it towards the target slightly sooner so you didn't have to pull it up and out as much. Supposed to be faster. I'll let you know if I can get my .6 scoop draw down to my goal of .4 seconds. Lol!
[/quote]I have seen a .4 se. scoop draw out of a bikini speed holster cause a person to wait in the pickup while the rest of the group finished the match.It did move towards the target faster,gun,scope,magazine and bullets.He got DQd and broke scope and mount.So hold on when you scoop,it's a 2 day match in Missouri and it aint no fun watching everybody else having fun .Just ask me how I know

Nothing faster than Kytac.

Good customer service doesnt add any poins to my score.

-just saying.

jtischauser

[quote author=mike cyrwus link=topic=29.msg710#msg710 date=1285057730]

Good customer service doesnt add any poins to my score.

-just saying.
[/quote]

That explains a lot!
8)

Patrickcudd

Fanatic
I work with several of the people at Bladetech on a weekly basis. What exactly would you like to know and I might be able to get an answer for you.

jtischauser

Here are some pics of the older style that they still sell and the new Black Ice. These are both Dop and Offset (DOH) G34/35 model holsters. I cut the ends off of both of them so my 6" G24 would fit. So they both look a little boogered up on the bottom.

57cc538e.jpg

This is the older holster.

eadd4ccf.jpg

This is the Black Ice Holster. I dremmeled away a littel material so I could use the ultra handy tension knobs from 3 gun stuff.

fc456b0e.jpg

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Austin was running one these holsters at the last 3-gun match. I was wondering what it was then.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Yeah, I've been using one for a couple months. It's pretty sweet! I've got the 3gunstuff thumbscrews, but haven't put them on yet.

GGIGREEN

Red Dirt Ready
Numb nuts bought me a Glock 17 holster like the original. What a cheap ass! I want the new **** too. He did get me the thumb screws that are real nice.

Latest posts