Bianchi Cup

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't gotten a list of the other ladies, but I know we already have 12 and she is looking to expand to 24. We will also have 7 veterans shooting with us. She will also have a male team from what I gather :) It's a great opportunity and I know I'm no where near the pro's but it's exciting to get to shoot with them......I'm looking forward to learning some new things! I'm also taking the Competitor Clinic the Monday before it starts.........which hopefully will help prepare me even more. :) I've been reviewing the stages and trying to prepare as best as I can...........will do more live fire when the weather gets better.

The Antichrome

Bianchi Cup looks hard. Hard and boring. But I'd like to shoot it someday.
I think practice for it would be very beneficial to all other forms of shooting.

Good luck!

mikey80

Negative Approach
Steve Wolf has shot the Bianchi Cup a few times. Hit him up for details. He trains pretty hard to compete in it.

Steve Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
The Bianchi is the ultimate test of pistol marksmanship if you ask me. Speed is important-the par times arent super fast, but definately not slow- but accuracy is most important. Make sure you are confident with the accuracy of your gun, and burn the par times into your memory. Use all the par time you are given would be my advise. Especially if you are used to shooting USPSA.

You will have to train the Mover at the practice range unless you can get a friend to shoulder a long pole with a Bianchi target hanging off of it and run very fast back and forth. But the plates, practical, and Barricade can easily be trained in a 50yard bay.

Some say it's boring, I say I guess it would be if you suck at it 😃. But that goes for many sports. I say don't knock it till you've tried it. I will be training most Fri afternoons at USSA if anyone wants to try 3 out of the 4 stages. I have plenty of targets.

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
Steve Wolf said:
The Bianchi is the ultimate test of pistol marksmanship if you ask me. Speed is important-the par times arent super fast, but definately not slow- but accuracy is most important. Make sure you are confident with the accuracy of your gun, and burn the par times into your memory. Use all the par time you are given would be my advise. Especially if you are used to shooting USPSA.

You will have to train the Mover at the practice range unless you can get a friend to shoulder a long pole with a Bianchi target hanging off of it and run very fast back and forth. But the plates, practical, and Barricade can easily be trained in a 50yard bay.

Some say it's boring, I say I guess it would be if you suck at it . But that goes for many sports. I say don't knock it till you've tried it. I will be training most Fri afternoons at USSA if anyone wants to try 3 out of the 4 stages. I have plenty of targets.
Thanks for tips Steve I really apprciate it as we ll as the offer to come train with you! I have printed off the stages and have started prepping for them---hopefully this weather will let up and let me get some actual live practice soon!! I'm going to be slowing down my matches for USPSA and work on Steel matches and practicing at the range. I have a timer which will be very helpful learning my capablities within those par limits-----I know I will need to take full advantage of the par and not rush it so I don't miss! What gun do you shoot at Bianchi? I was going to take my Glock 34 but now I'm considering taking my 35 instead, not 100% decided though!

Steve Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
I shoot a Springfield XDM 5.25 in 9mm. Yeah shoot one full practice session and you will know what your strengths and weakness are and what to work on. Steel Challange does have more carryover than the run and gun stuff.

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Steve!! I printed all the courses of Fire off and have my targets ready with the exception of the mover.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Steve Wolf said:

Some say it's boring, I say I guess it would be if you suck at it . But that goes for many sports. I say don't knock it till you've tried it. I will be training most Fri afternoons at USSA if anyone wants to try 3 out of the 4 stages. I have plenty of targets.

i don't know, i know a lot of people that are extremely good at ppc and think it's boring.

but I know little about bianchi, i understand it takes an extreme amount of marksmanship and discipline to be competitive in.

Steve Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
i don't know, i know a lot of people that are extremely good at ppc and think it's boring.

Ok, I'll give you that. I was mostly joking, but I really think a lot of shooters look over the Bianchi because you can't hide behind athleticism or speed like you can In USPSA. It is true marksmanship. I think uspsa is by far the most exciting to shoot, but sometimes the targets are so close, I feel like I'm just running around making noise- or the stages feel more like puzzle solving than shooting ability.
Bianchi is a different type of exciting- more like shooting under extreme pressure- much more of a mental game. But I love it. Last 2 strings on
plate racks: 9 seconds to hit 6 eight inch plates at 25 yards start from surrender. If you can clean that twice in a row, you should shoot Bianchi. Lots of guys choose to shoot their revolvers. I don't think I could shoot one quick enough on the Barricade event. I just wish more people would give it a shot. ALL the big names in USPSA have shot/ or still shoot it. I see it as 2-2 1/2 months of training to obtain an extremely close relationship with your front sight 😃

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
Mover was awesome!! My first time and I nailed it right off. Just going to continue practicing further out and getting my draw faster! Got hooked up with Paul Abel and he was fantastic and has everything I need to practice on. Really feeling much more confident about it now!

Latest posts