Best Three Gun Pistol - Salient Arms Quality - Ideas?

SABrad

New Fanatic
All - looking for suggestions on a three gun pistol. Quite interested in the Salient Arms International pistols in taking a Glock base (in any caliber, size) and improving it to the max. I'm looking for a made ready pistol from a recommended gunshop....probably on the Glock design. I don't have a strict budget, just looking to see what else may be out there of similar quality. Lone Wolf has great stuff too. I also have an Accurate Arms Benelli M2 - very impressed - and a Larue Tactical OBR 5.56 in 16". Open to suggestions here on an ideal pistol to run in Three Gun!

Attachments

• Salient Arms Glock 17.jpg
    Salient Arms Glock 17.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 7

Spiff

Semi-Pro
M&P 9 Pro or L, APEX trigger guts, Dawson sights. Done. Magwell if you want, not required. When Salient's done with your Glock, it's still a Glock, and you're out a bunch of money. Same with a Costa M&P.

SABrad

New Fanatic
All - great advice. I have a message into Mike about doing similar pistol work like he did on the Benelli M2. Being that I own numerous Glocks....should I look to another platform as an ideal Three Gun pistol? Suggestions above for SW M&P noted.

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
Most(not all) of the big boys run 2011's. If you are going to drop a lot of coin, that's a good way to go.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Since you own numerous glocks, I would assume you're familiar with that line of pistols so why would you go to another platform?
Get a black rear sight and fiber optic front (dawson) then get a magwell, +5 extensions, and a trigger job. Done.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'd buy a stick STI edge rather than drop $1500 on a Salient Glock.

After Taran left those guys it doesn't seem to be the same. But Taran Tactical is booming. Everybody's got one of those TTI logos on a gun, shirt or mag base pad.

If you can get Mike to touch your Glock you'll enjoy it.

MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Well-Known Fanatic
I can't believe some of the costs of some of these things. I thought my idea for a Glock build in the other thread was questionable. Some of these Salient and GlockWorx Glocks can be over $2,300.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Shane P said:
If you're wanting a Glock ready for competition, Something like this is all you need. Then put in the trigger of your choice, I bought the Ghost Ultimate and did the "$0.25 trigger job". I wouldn't spend much more than this personally, but everybody has there own taste.
Those DP CRP pistols are pretty good deals. It's already got everything most of us might want on a competition pistol, at a price that's less than buying each component individually.

First off, to say Salient arms is Quality is like saying that mike cyrwus is really good in bed, by just reading the walls of bathroom stalls circa 1990.
It might be, but youre really just basing that opinion on my handsome looks and the hearsay of toilet stall writers.

next; I did the math;

$895 for a dawson crp glock 34

$869 if you buy a g34 for $600 and buy the parts directly from glock.

Not sure its a price thats less than buying each component seperately, rather its a convienience thing. A one stop shop.

and NO trigger work has been performed on the dawson glock.

Ive also seen g34's for $550 ish new, if you look around.

just fyi.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mike cyrwus said:
...is like saying that mike cyrwus is really good in bed, by just reading the walls of bathroom stalls circa 1990.
It might be, but youre really just basing that opinion on my handsome looks and the hearsay of toilet stall writers.
If I had a nickel for every time I've say down in truck stop and read about how good Mike is in bed I'd have a lot of $!

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
My math comes to $970ish for each component separately for a Gen4 34, compared to $895 CRP. This is using $689 as a base price, from my local gun shop (Joe Bob Outfitters). Considering $749 is MSRP, if you find one for $550, you should probably snatch it up. With the CRP you'll have shipping and transfer, and sales tax if you live in TX. It'll probably come out similar one way or the other, but with the CRP, the parts will be installed by a professional (granted, probably a professional parts installer).

MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Well-Known Fanatic
RigPig said:
My math comes to $970ish for each component separately for a Gen4 34, compared to $895 CRP. This is using $689 as a base price, from my local gun shop (Joe Bob Outfitters). Considering $749 is MSRP, if you find one for $550, you should probably snatch it up.
You can get Gen 3's new for $575. I've never even heard of $689. You can buy Gen 4's all day from Bud's for $635 and they are higher than they could be.

$575 G34
$80 magwell
$80 fixed sights
$100 3 base pads
$20 grip tape
--------------
$855

They are charging $895 for this package. It's basically the equivalent of getting the gun for $615 or so.

Cajun0007

Well-Known Fanatic
If you want to spend money to dress up you Glock, give Pike Spraggins a call at Mod1 Firearms. He specializes in Glocks and he is 1/2 the price of Salient and Glockworks. I had him work on my M&P and his work is exceptional. He even has a 3gun special package for your Glock 34.

http://mod1firearms.com/

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:
You can get Gen 3's new for $575. I've never even heard of $689. You can buy Gen 4's all day from Bud's for $635 and they are higher than they could be.

$575 G34
$80 magwell
$80 fixed sights
$100 3 base pads
$20 grip tape
--------------
$855

They are charging $895 for this package. It's basically the equivalent of getting the gun for $615 or so.
You're mixing prices between the gen3 and gen4. The gen3 package is $827, can you tell me why? That's right, it has 1 less mag.

MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Well-Known Fanatic
RigPig said:
You're mixing prices between the gen3 and gen4. The gen3 package is $827, can you tell me why? That's right, it has 1 less mag.
I dunno, but both say they include 3 Dawson tool-less base pads. I figured that's because they both had 3 magazines. I did mix them up but still, the Gen 4 price is like getting a Gen 4 G34 for $615. The gen 3 price being $68 cheaper is basically getting one for $547. Either way you're still saving $20-$30 and not having to pay for separate shipping.

ldp4570

Well-Known Fanatic
Well guys I'm going to have to go old school;

1. SIG P226
2. P92fs
3. Browning P35

Since there isn't a (4) I'll add in my SA Loaded 1911A1

Latest posts