Best script shooting glasses?

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
I shot my first match today and realized a huge problem. My normal script safety glasses slide around while running and gunning. I know there are some places out there to get good shooting glasses with corrective lenses. Just need a little help. Thanks.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Rudy Project has a insert that clips on to the frame of the shooting glasses that works great. I know some top level shooters that use these, they are great because you can still change to whatever colored lenses that you want for that day, and just clip the insert on, and you are good to go. Let me know if you can't find what I am talking about, and I will post a link.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I am at this same problem. I have been looking for some as well but I don't know if I want the clip inside lenses. I know Oakley will grind your RX into their lenses. Also, Wiley X does as well. They don't have the color selection that Oakley does, but are cheaper and ballistic rated. I have also seen Ranger glasses for shooters, but they look like they are closer the the same glasses that were worn by the kids that got picked on in skool.

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
I looked at the Rudy Projects and Wiley X. Same set up for each. I went with the Wiley X Talons. My local optical place deals with both and said Wiley was easier to deal with if you have any issues. And they were cheaper. If I had more match time, I'd look closer at more expensive ones.

Latest posts