Best Range Day Bag

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I have hard cases for rifles & shotguns, several single, & a 4 pistol hard case for handguns. Can't even remember the last time used any of them. Seemed like a good idea @ the time of purchase, & I have used them in years past. Why'd I stop using them ? Too heavy, & awkward to carry. I decided that soft pistol & rifle
cases provided sufficient protection for my firearms. With handles & shoulder straps I can easily carry 3 rifles & my ammo bag w/ everything I need @ the range. Could also fit 4 pistols in my range bag, if needed.

1911owner

Fanatic
Looks like I'm a second vote for Midway Competition Range Bag. I've had mine for years. It has held up very well. Roomy. Well designed as to compartments. The draw-string bag is handy for temporary round storage when I empty rounds I carry from the mags to replace with range ammo for a while. The pistol bags are handy and useful even when I just want to transport a pistol, for instance to a gunsmith. Across 10 years or more I've had one end of one small strap come loose from one zipper. It didn't break; it just came unfastened. Easily restored with needle and thread.

dennishoddy

I don't shoot at indoor ranges, so I go pretty minimalist. One of the Bass Pro utility bags with a shoulder strap is all I take for matches and casual shooting. Tools and timers in the side pockets, ammo and mags in the main compartment.

Latest posts