Best open glock kit?

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Ok just got a glock 17 I want to play around in open with so I'm looking for opinions pros and cons of the open kits out there. It's just gonna be to play with not to serious so I'm not buying another 2011 right now. I'm looking at jager/sjc/carver stuff leaning towards sjc with a fastfire. Opinions?

Airic

I shoot.
The open build list I have is a SJC/Carver mix. If it's just a play gun go for the carver mount with the fastfire so you don't have to permanently alter the frame.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
An open Glock isn't worth wasting money on IMHO. The real advantage comes when you combine the 2lb Single Action trigger of a 2011 with a red dot

jtischauser

If I wanted a cheap open gun I would just get a M&P core or melt a dot into the slide of a Glock.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Who makes a good glock trigger? I've shot resprung and polished factory stuff that's decent but they do have to much take up.

Airic

I shoot.
Prob be better to go research Enos forum on that. There's a bunch of them out there now. Vanek has always been the good standby.

IMO I would just get a trigger housing with the pre and post travel screws installed and a polished connector/trigger bar. Polishing contact surfaces and some springs will do the rest. There's only so much you can do to the glock trigger before it gets unsafe.

jtischauser

I have a G17 w/RMR on top, Magwell, oversized mag release, trigger job and slide racker. You're welcome to shoot it anytime. Just gimme a shout. You can come to my place or if I'm shooting a match with you let me know and I'll bring it.

I have a lone wolf barrel and comp too if you have 9mm major loads you want to shoot. It won't run 100% on minor ammo with the comp.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
If I wanted a cheap open gun I would just get a M&P core or melt a dot into the slide of a Glock. Good idea I have a Bridgeport mill at work I've already cut up my glock 23 so I'm pretty comfortable milling this one. I don't mind permanently altering it.
Cool next time I'm up for a 3 gun match is like to try it out
Prob be better to go research Enos forum on that. There's a bunch of them out there now. Vanek has always been the good standby.
IMO I would just get a trigger housing with the pre and post travel screws installed and a polished connector/trigger bar. Polishing contact surfaces and some springs will do the rest. There's only so much you can do to the glock trigger before it gets unsafe. Will do thanks for everyone's input

SpaceFlunky

Well-Known Fanatic
Build one! This way you dont modify the gun and you can use it in production one day. I have a parts list when I had priced an Open G17 build for myself. I'll PM it to ya.

Latest posts