Best Concelaed Carry Class in OK

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I took mine from SGT. Everett who owns the range down in Moore. It was really a good class because he is a criminal defense lawyer and could give us real life stories of what it is like to defend yourself after you defend yourself with your firearm. He is also quite a character with a sense of humor so the 6 hours of BS class time went by quick.

I have also been out to Practical Shooting LLC's range for a different class. Wes is a great guy and has a very nice range to shoot right there on site. I would recommend his class as well.

Who do you think is the best around and why?

Spiff

Semi-Pro
I took TDSA / Marshall Luton's and it'd be pretty hard to beat. The dude's already an instructor (for everything) and he has the experience as a cop to know what he's talking about.

swat-t

Practical Shooting LLC
Thanks Jesse, we are having a Concealed carry Re-fresher on Oct 16th at 0900. This course covers a legal update for concealed carry permit holders and firearms training to insure the safe handling of their firearm. It's a great class for new CCW holders and for those that have have theirs for a few years.

Steve Aryan

Active Fanatic
Got to throw us in there. USSA's also comes with a 30day membership so if you live in this part of the state that is a great benefit.

ExSniper

Well-Known Fanatic
I teach the classes at Savage Trading on NW 10th (almost to Mustang Road). Some of the folks on the forum have taken my classes, so maybe they can comment on the quality.

257wby

New Fanatic
I took my CCW class with the guys at Carry Legal in Broken Arrow. They were serious, but also made it entertaining. A+ for those guys.

jeffsoward

Founding Member
[quote author=ExSniper link=topic=63.msg1083#msg1083 date=1285349696]
I teach the classes at Savage Trading on NW 10th (almost to Mustang Road). Some of the folks on the forum have taken my classes, so maybe they can comment on the quality.
[/quote]
I took Mark's class and it was great. He's very thorough, but not to the point of boring. lot's of examples, lot's of great info.
I would definitely recommend Mark's class at Savage.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a friend and her husband that want to take the CCW class. When is the next ones available in the okc/Edmond area?

folly

Active Fanatic

I took your class and I definitely enjoyed it. You kept me, several much younger guys and their girlfriends, and many much older couples interested during class and safe during shooting. I was surprised at the range of ages and experience levels in the class.

And...almost...everyone got to load a .22 magazine. :D

Levi

New Fanatic
It's been some time since I took mine there, but I would have to cast my vote for H&H. The class was informative, the instructors and the legal council were top shelf and the facility itself was incredible!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I know several people that have taken Mark's class & highly recommend it.
My wife was considering taking the class but had several reservations.
I contacted Mark about it & He took the time to go over all the concerns she had & went out of his way to do so.
Unfortunately, she changed her mind at the 11th hour & ended up not taking it (sorry Mark, I'm still pissed about it).
When she changes her mind again & does take the class, It'll be with Mark.
Anyone else thinking of taking the course should definately consider Mark's class.

DDaze

.22 short
I took the class at Sgt. Everett's in Moore taught by Elliot Everett who is an attorney. He also owns the range. Good class that I recommend.

Danny Tanner

Well-Known Fanatic
I would have to though in Heartland outdoors, Dean,Greg and myself ( Spencer) teach the SDA class.
You can look at our bios here, under instructors. http://www.heartlandoutdoorsok.com/

I had my course with Dean. He was a great instructor, very personable, thorough, and a good sense of humor. He made sure the first-time shooters felt comfortable before they even stepped out of the classroom and into the range.

Rolando

Active Fanatic
"He made sure the first-time shooters felt comfortable before they even stepped out of the classroom and into the range. "

Wow, that's kinda scary. First time shooters taking SDA class.

I guess I'll chime in with what to expect. SDA class covers the laws and some basic safety information. It is not training for self defense shooting techniques. The shooting test requires minute of barn accuracy.

Danny Tanner

Well-Known Fanatic
"He made sure the first-time shooters felt comfortable before they even stepped out of the classroom and into the range. "

Wow, that's kinda scary. First time shooters taking SDA class.

I guess I'll chime in with what to expect. SDA class covers the laws and some basic safety information. It is not training for self defense shooting techniques. The shooting test requires minute of barn accuracy.

Well, I can't say I felt 100% comfortable with these people passing phase 1 of getting the right to carry a firearm at all times. Some of the questions were scary, and it was made a little worse that those same questions were asked multiple times. But, as an instructor, I appreciate that he took the time out to individually help these people. Since he can't deny them taking the class (or can he?) he did the best he could do.

shooter226

New Fanatic
Rolando, on 24 January 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Sorry, not very good at posting on this forum yet)
There is no minimum score on the shooting part of the SDA class. All you have to do is load, handle, and shoot the gun safely.

I was told by a CLEET employee that they were told by the legislature to make it where everyone passed.

Mark

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I was told by a CLEET employee that they were told by the legislature to make it where everyone passed.

Mark

Thats one good part about our CHL laws. I like to compare EVERYTHING about the 2A to the 1A. It wouldn't at all be considered acceptable to force people to have a minimum score (nor, test at all) in order to practice their first amendment rights in public. Why doesn't that sentiment translate to the second amendment?

Latest posts