Best club match in Oklahoma?

Rick417

www.performanceholsters.com
What local club puts on the best match? I realize that it can be somewhat subjective, but are there any that stand out above the rest?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I vote for USPSA at OKC Gun club.
I've not been to a USPSA match at USSA but I here they rock also.

Chambers

actual GM
If I were to rank them...

1.) OKCGC
2.) USSA (a very close second)
3.) SCRAP
4.) Ponca City (haven't shot it enough to rank it above SCRAP)
5.) H&H

Obviously this list is heavily dictated by the facilities of each range. I love them all. Each brings something a little bit different.

At Gun Club you never know what you're going to get, but you do know that some of the stages will be complex and require some thought.

USSA has some of the coolest props around (i.e.: the bridge).

SCRAP is just fun, go-faster action. They have some goofy (read: awesome) props, such as balance beams and windmill spinners.

Expect a high-round count hose fest at Ponca with lots of movement.

H&H has simpler stages (because of the bays), and is a great place to focus on fundamental shooting. Expect some tight pistol shots.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If I were to rank them...

1.) OKCGC
2.) USSA (a very close second)
3.) SCRAP
4.) Ponca City (haven't shot it enough to rank it above SCRAP)
5.) H&H

Obviously this list is heavily dictated by the facilities of each range. I love them all. Each brings something a little bit different.

At Gun Club you never know what you're going to get, but you do know that some of the stages will be complex and require some thought.

USSA has some of the coolest props around (i.e.: the bridge).

SCRAP is just fun, go-faster action. They have some goofy (read: awesome) props, such as balance beams and windmill spinners.

Expect a high-round count hose fest at Ponca with lots of movement.

H&H has simpler stages (because of the bays), and is a great place to focus on fundamental shooting. Expect some tight pistol shots.

+1. I have never shot Oil Capital so I cant rank it.

Rick417

OKCGC is what I have heard before. That is one hell of a haul from S.W. Missouri. A few shooting buddies of mine make the drive pretty often. I guess I'll have to make the trip with them at least once.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
OKCGC is what I have heard before. That is one hell of a haul from S.W. Missouri. A few shooting buddies of mine make the drive pretty often. I guess I'll have to make the trip with them at least once.

You should come to the May 28th match. It's the OK section championship.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/288-2011-oklahoma-section-championship-may-28th-okc-gun-club/

Rick417

Was just about to send off my check, until I realized that it was on Memorial Day weekend. Gonna have to do a little smooth talking.....

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
OKC-USSA tops the list, can't really say which one is better, although OKC has more shooters than USSA normally.
Old Fort - Always good matches.
Oil Capital - Getting really good!

Those are the ones that I try to make it to on a regular basis. But as was previously stated, "any match is a good match."

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
I think I'll try okcgc havent tried that one yet. I'm trying to find a match to do every weekend with out traveling to far

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Do you have to join USPSA to compete? I should probably just join as a matter of principle.