Bersa Competition? Yes sir!

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
~$730 ready to go with 5 mags isn't a bad deal, but it's not really any less than other production options out there. I think it'd have to really perform well in order for people to switch from brands better known for competition.

Good to see other viable options coming up though.

P.E. Kelley

Well-Known Fanatic
MikeF said:
~$730 ready to go with 5 mags isn't a bad deal, but it's not really any less than other production options out there. I think it'd have to really perform well in order for people to switch from brands better known for competition.

Good to see other viable options coming up though.
Not sure how many would switch, but going in fresh this would be IMO a fantastic choice. Load and shoot...got skill? WIN!

I dig that it is more accurate than the polymer, striker guns (and at least equal to most any 9mm) Over the 450 rounds (more soon) it is as reliable.
Aftermarket? None yet, but to my thinking what does it need?
Spare parts, yes, Eagle Imports is good about that. They know we break stuff (and often foolishly screw up stuff trying to make it better)

The only thing against it is...OLD guys like me thinking Bersa? And it is new to the market...how long with it last? No track record.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
All good points. I don't mind at all that more companies are providing options geared toward competition shooting.
Competition is good!

I enjoy your reviews Patrick, keep it up.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Is this the only competition to the XDm 5.25 and Grand Power? I can't think of another factory pistol that is ready to rock right out of the box, and this one comes with enough magazines.

There are some sources for race-ready CZs, but they aren't factory guns, even though the prices are excellent.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
Is this the only competition to the XDm 5.25 and Grand Power? I can't think of another factory pistol that is ready to rock right out of the box, and this one comes with enough magazines.

There are some sources for race-ready CZs, but they aren't factory guns, even though the prices are excellent.
M&P Pro at least comes with fiber optic sights and isn't the trigger supposed to be better than the standard one? Pretty much everyone in going to put in an Apex though. Plus, again, you need more mags.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
The stock Pro trigger is better than the regular one but not as good as Apex so everyone puts in Apex stuff. My Pro sear lives in my Compact these days.

By "everyone" I mean both people still shooting M&Ps in competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts