Bersa 380 locked up?

shawmcbigdis

Fanatic
A friend of mine was shooting her Bersa 380, she says she fired a round,a nd it went off and ejected, but the gun locked up at recoil, and it won't budge.

I've tried spraying it heavily with CLP and letting it sit for a few hours then tapping the back of the slide to see if I can get it to move, but it won't budge. It's not all the way back either, it's jsut before the slide lock would engage, so the slide is stuck in the middle

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks

shawmcbigdis

Fanatic
I'll post some pics when I get back from church today.

Mitch,

CLP is what I have on hand, what would be a better choice? I thought about some PB blaster, but with the rubber grips and not sure if their was any other plastic in the gun I didn't want to risk it.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
shawmcbigdis said:
I'll post some pics when I get back from church today.

Mitch,

CLP is what I have on hand, what would be a better choice? I thought about some PB blaster, but with the rubber grips and not sure if their was any other plastic in the gun I didn't want to risk it.
Any oil will work better than clp. Clp is simply ok as a cleaner, but not for lube.

It sounds like you need a penetrating oil to get it off, then clean it up and use synthetic 10/30 motor oil for lube.

My suggestion for the ideal fix would be to cut it in half & replace it with a glock42. It would be quite a bit more tolerant to lack of maintenance.

shawmcbigdis

Fanatic
Wall said:
Any oil will work better than clp. Clp is simply ok as a cleaner, but not for lube.

It sounds like you need a penetrating oil to get it off, then clean it up and use synthetic 10/30 motor oil for lube.

My suggestion for the ideal fix would be to cut it in half & replace it with a glock42. It would be quite a bit more tolerant to lack of maintenance.
Its not allowing me to post pics or a link.

Anyway agreed that it is probably not maintained vary well, but it is also rarely ever shot.

Is there anything in the gun that is plastic that PB Blaster or other penetrating oil would harm? I can take the rubber grips off, and then give it a good blasting of that and see if it will work it loose. Then give it a good cleaning and lube and hopefully get it running again.

But yeah, a new gun, that is more forgiving might be a better answer, since it is rarely used anyway.

Thanks

shawmcbigdis

Fanatic
So I've sprayed PB Blaster onto this thing about once a day for the past week, after spraying it a let it sit for a couple hours then give it a couple soft whacks with a rubber mallet and it still won't budge.

Any other ideas?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Hold the slide with a gorilla strength grip and slam your hand into the grip to get the slide to rack.

I'm going to assume there's still a live round in the chamber so point it somewhere safe while doing it.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Matt Rigsby said:
Hold the slide with a gorilla strength grip and slam your hand into the grip to get the slide to rack.

I'm going to assume there's still a live round in the chamber so point it somewhere safe while doing it.
good point Matt......
Is there a round in the chamber?

shawmcbigdis

Fanatic
Wall said:
good point Matt......
Is there a round in the chamber?
No, there is not a round in the chamber. The way I was told, it fired, ejected the spent round, then jammed on recoil, thus never chambering the next round. So the gun is totally empty and safe, just locked up.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
shawmcbigdis said:
No, there is not a round in the chamber. The way I was told, it fired, ejected the spent round, then jammed on recoil, thus never chambering the next round. So the gun is totally empty and safe, just locked up.
I will give you $40 for it as-is

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts