Beretta 1301 Competition shotgun

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Has anyone else seen or handled one of these? I got to shoot one a couple weeks ago and it handled very nicely and shot pretty soft. Lifter looked like it would be OK as-is for weak hand loading (as if anyone does that anymore :) ) Looks like it might just need a tube and be good to go

http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-1301-competition/

• Blink Gas Operating System â€" cycles 36% faster than the competition
• 5+1 capacity (without removable plug)
• 21” or 24” Steelium Barrel with stepped wide sporting rib Mid bead and front fiber optic sight
• Oversized cocking handle and bolt release lever
• Short stock with aggressive non-slip checkering and adjustable length of pull
• Receiver with oversized loading and ejection port; tapped and drilled for rail mount option
• Optima Bore HP Interchangeable choke system. IC Choke (flush) included

j131c_side.jpg

j131c_det_2.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
They put the serial number in the wrong spot for opening up the loading port more.

The one I saw had a kinda sharp edge on the front of the loading port too. The factory Beveled the edges but It didn't look like they got it right or at least like I like mine.

That being said the Italian guy that won the Pan Anerican shotgun match and finished 2nd at Workd shoot uses one and quad loads it. Can't be all bad.
If you're looking for a budget 3 gun shotgun I'd hit up Pat Kelley about his new Stoeger M3000. It looks promising.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I bought one of those for my first ever 3gun match. Back when Jesse first complimented my drop-leg triple AR mag pouch :sarcastichand: . I got mine as a police trade-in special off gunbroker. It cycled alright, but I sold it because it didn't accept choke tubes.. I decided to sell it after that first match when I emptied my mag tube at a steel target on a post and never could knock it down. I could have had it threaded to accept a choke tube, but I would have been $80 short of a used M1 had I spent all the money to make the 1301 adequate.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
taymoor said:
I bought one of those for my first ever 3gun match. Back when Jesse first complimented my drop-leg triple AR mag pouch :sarcastichand: . I got mine as a police trade-in special off gunbroker. It cycled alright, but I sold it because it didn't accept choke tubes.. I decided to sell it after that first match when I emptied my mag tube at a steel target on a post and never could knock it down. I could have had it threaded to accept a choke tube, but I would have been $80 short of a used M1 had I spent all the money to make the 1301 adequate.
I think this model is a bit newer than the one you had.

Is that 3 months in Norman sucking all the smart out already? Geez! You probably just drink Natty Lite all day and scream Boomer everywhere you go nowadays dontcha?

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Jesse Tischauser said:
I think this model is a bit newer than the one you had.

Is that 3 months in Norman sucking all the smart out already? Geez! You probably just drink Natty Lite all day and scream Boomer everywhere you go nowadays dontcha?
Oops. The computer I was using wasn't showing the pictures, and that one looks a lot nicer than what I had. Luckily, the law school is pretty insulated from the rest of the OU campus, so I drink one echelon above natty light-- PBR.

ladyrr

New Fanatic
just bought one and will get it 1/3/14. Due to Beretta and UPS back ups during the holidays it is 14 days behind schedule. Will be shooting it in a comp 1/12/14. will give you my opinion after I get it in. Have a Nordic +3 ordered. Will be running it with the IC and then purchasing as needed on the HP chokes.

Latest posts