Beretta 1201FP

jspeligene

Well-Known Fanatic
Saw Beretta 1201FP bids starting at $375 on gunbroker. Seller claims these are very similar in design to benelli super 90. They are from law enforcement use & have extended mag tube. Any thoughts on these?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I was looking into one of these awhile back. I just found this older review. http://www.thegunzone.com/1201fp.html

This would be a problem...

<LI class=c>Due to the fact that the barrel attaches to the end of the six-round mag tube, it is impossible to fit a longer one. Shotguns with barrels that attach around the mag tube can accommodate a seven-round capacity in the same overall length. An advantage of this system, however, is that it offers a more solid mating with the barrel. Competing systems with extended mags which utilize figure-8 shaped clamps suffer from wandering elevation zeroes when the clamps (which must be removed when cleaning the gun) are not tightened to exactly the same degree. An apparently ideal solution can be found on the Mossberg 590 military pump gun, which utilizes two circumferential mag supports silver-soldered near the business end of the barrel.

I bet Trapr or Kurt can tell us more on the history of this shotty.

Latest posts