Benelli shotgun questions.....

93 FOX

Well-Known Fanatic
Where is the best place to buy a barrel for a Benelli. And my second question is what is the difference between the Cordoba and the M2?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Where is the best place to buy a barrel for a Benelli. And my second question is what is the difference between the Cordoba and the M2?
GunBroker or Brian Enos classifieds has them sometimes but they aren't cheap.

93 FOX

Well-Known Fanatic
anyone know where i can get a used Benelli m2 for around $800?

93 FOX

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse, dont you have about 12 Benelli M2's, you have one for sale?

Cajun0007

Well-Known Fanatic
anyone know where i can get a used Benelli m2 for around $800?

It will be very difficult to find a M2 w/ 21" barrel for less than $1,000. Good luck finding one. I know it is a lot of money but don't settle for anything less. I spent $600 converting an old Remington 1100 and wish I had just bought the Benelli at first. Don't do like me and cry twice. Buy the Benelli and cry once.

93 FOX

Well-Known Fanatic
Outdoor America has a M2 with a 21 inch barrel for $1129.

93 FOX

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok, last shotgun newb question. I have noticed the Benelli M1's are a little less in price and there are a few more used to be had. What is the difference between the M1 and M2's and if you were buying would you go for the M2 and pay the difference?

Chambers

actual GM
Price mostly. The M2 has a fancy stock.

The most bang for buck is a used M1 with the AI upgrades.

93 FOX

Well-Known Fanatic
Thats what I thought but just wanted to double check. Thanks Mike. What is the super 90?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The big thing you are paying for is the comfortech stock, lengthened forcing cone, and better choke system. Those 3 things reduce recoil and muzzle rise. I can feel the M1 on my cheek and slightly in my shoulder more than my M2. It's it a big deal for the number of rounds you shoot in a match or even one big practice session. If you plan to shoot a bunch of big matches and travel the country leaving a trail of spent casings and $ in your wake why not get the best? If your just getting into 3 gun like yourself and don't know if you're gonna shoot more than just a match a month get an M1. They hold their value very well in the 3 gun community especially if you get a 21" or 24" barrel and have a professional do the good mods in the gun.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Doesn't really matter, 21s go for a premium but your tube is going to be past the barrel. I like my 24 just fine.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Doesn't really matter, 21s go for a premium but your tube is going to be past the barrel. I like my 24 just fine.

21 seems to be the "it" barrel, but I agree with Spiff, my 24 works great for me.

Latest posts