Benelli M2 21" for a Lefty

Mike Oster

New Fanatic
I'm looking at getting into 3 gun and would like to invest in a nice shotgun. I'm left handed and have always shot right handed shotguns. I'm wondering if I can get anybody to weigh in on this.
1. Does Benelli offer the M2 21" for leftys? It's not listed in any catalog or website, so I'm wondering if they do custom orders.
2. Does it really make a difference to have a left handed shotgun if I've gotten used to the shells ejecting out the right side, and it really hasn't bothered me up to this point?

I can always order a left handed Benelli M2 field shotgun and spend the money to purchase a shorter barrel, but I thought I'd ask others who have more experience before doing anything.

striped1

Well-Known Fanatic
Left handed benelli has the left side ejection and the bolt release on rt side. The people I know running it do not like it. If you run rt hand gun and do so well, stay with it.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
This was discussed not too long ago and our very talented local gunsmith, who happens to be a southpaw and one hell of a good shooter, suggested going with the right hand shotgun.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Based on watching two of the top shotgun gunsmiths in the country who also happen to be lefties I think a right handed shotgun is an advantage for a lefty. So much so that I was going to buy myself a lefty gun until I realized the only thing that's lefty is the ejection port and charging handle.

Stick with your right handed gun IMHO.

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome Mikey. I can't add to the debate but I'm in Houston and new to 3 gun as well.