Benelli M1 S90 or Stoeger M3000 or? other

Steve Moneypenny

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a benelli M1S90 currently it has an 18" barrel with ghost ring sights.
Buying a 22 or 24 or 26" barrel for 3 gun will cost around 400.

Would it be better to just pick up a stoeger or other shotgun.

I know the benelli M2 is king and it has a bit less recoil, my 3 gun at this point will be on a shoestring budget. using what I have and what i can get my hands on at the best price.

It appears to me that the Ghost ring sights will not be suitable for use in 3 gun.

I could buy a barrel for the M1 but it's almost the price of a whole stoeger shotgun.

Just wondering what thoughts and options are.

Thanks.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Ghost ring sights aren't bad for 3gun. They may just not be ideal. Practice with it enough and it shouldn't hinder you.

I did a shotgun match a couple of months ago. There was a stage that had 3 slug shots on steel at 100 yards from 3 positions. 90 second par time. Those of us shooting Open, with red dots had no issues hitting all 9 shots. The only non-open shooter on my squad that hit all 9 shots in the par time was using a Mossberg 930SPX, which had ghost ring sites. He did it close to the times all of us Open guys did.

Steve Moneypenny

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks, I'll take a close look at that, Have one of the benelli's that works. lol. The M1's were sometimes hit or miss.

It's hard to believe that the barrel seems to be the priciest single part on the gun!

Latest posts