Benelli M1 barrel refinish?

Random Gadfly

Fanatic
I have recently bought a used M1 Super 90 barrel 21" :D . It has been painted and I am stripping the paint. The original finish has been lightly sanded say 220 grit. What was the original finish for the barrel or a finish that will match, and what would you do for the scratches. I have capability to do sandblasting if needed.

Any advice is appreciated.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Im having Cyrwus refinish a rusty 26" Benelli barrel that I had cut down to 18". He is gonna use Duracoat or whatever that stuff is that he uses on pistols. It's gonna get abused in 3 gun so it doesn't have to be perfect.

Random Gadfly

Fanatic
Im having Cyrwus refinish a rusty 26" Benelli barrel that I had cut down to 18". He is gonna use Duracoat or whatever that stuff is that he uses on pistols. It's gonna get abused in 3 gun so it doesn't have to be perfect.

I hae stripped it fully now and it has very light pitting from rust (not deep). I am leaning towards cerakote finish. Yes, hopefully I will get abused in 3 gun, if I every get out from under the piles of homework from school. Back to school after 17 years. :blink:

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
Consider the Stealth black finish. It is first parkerized to prevent future rust problems and then finished off with a black oxide finish over the parkerizing making the finish both non glare black and harder than any paint.
Check it out on my website.

www.fransonfirearms.com

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Consider the Stealth black finish. It is first parkerized to prevent future rust problems and then finished off with a black oxide finish over the parkerizing making the finish both non glare black and harder than any paint.
Check it out on my website.

www.fransonfirearms.com

That looks really nice! What does it cost roughly to put a parkerized or Stealth black finish on a 20" barrel?

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
That looks really nice! What does it cost roughly to put a parkerized or Stealth black finish on a 20" barrel?

$125 for parkerize whole rifle or shotgun, $60 for barrel only

$160 for stealth black the whole gun or $90 for just the barrel (plus return shipping if you have to ship it to me.)

uscbigdawg

Well-Known Fanatic
Picked up a M1S90 that I'm considering sending to Cyrwus awesome-ize and it's in RealTree/Advantage camo. It works okay now, but did spray paint the top of the rib just so the fiber would jump out more. In the end, it's going to get beat up in 3-Gun, so shooting a camo gun will be fun. :)

Rich

uscbigdawg

Well-Known Fanatic
Just don't drop it in the bushes. You will never find it!
My wife is just getting into shooting and when the shotgun showed up at the house, all I got was, "really babe...a camo shotgun"? What adds to the hilarity of the whole thing is seeing it with a +7 Nordic tube, Tec-Loader w/ Arredondo doo-hicky and my GG&G bolt handle.

Rich

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I know a couple guys that use Benelli Super Black Eagles for 3 gun, all camo'd out with the noridc stuff. Pretty slick.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I know a couple guys that use Benelli Super Black Eagles for 3 gun, all camo'd out with the noridc stuff. Pretty slick.
Haha, mine is a Camo Super 90 decked out in Nordic accessories & Accurate Iron magic. :72:

Olivers_AR

Fanatic
Running a M1S90 with realtree, the Nordic tube looks funny, need to figure out if I should camo it or leave it. Any sources for reasoanbly priced barrels.

Latest posts