Belts for everyday carry

kparsons743

Active Fanatic
Recently received my carry permit (glad to now be living in a state that allows it!) and a Keeper's concealment AIWB holster for a G19. Don't have any experience with EDC, so I would love to hear some suggestions on belts for wearing with jeans, shorts, etc.

What say ye experts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm really a big fan of Armour belts. I have both a "Gun Belt" and a "Dress Belt" in 1.5" versions. My dress belt has the Kydex stiffener option. While these two are my favorite belts in most carry dress and holster combinations, my Wilderness Instructor belt works better with my Keeper holster than these do. The thicker "Gun Belt" will not work at all. The appendix position seems to place the belt buckle too close to the holster with the leather belt and is less of an issue with my Wilderness belt.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm a big fan of the Aker B21. It's a leather belt with stiffener. I've got two and the first one is still going strong after fourteen years.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

kparsons743

Active Fanatic
I ordered one of the Wilderness! Looking forward to receive it soon!

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will likely purchase a leather one as well for when I need to get fancy!

I have also been reading some other posts about carrying OWB with good concealment while wearing a loosely fitting t-shirt. If carrying OWB, where does the gun sit? 3 for a righty, 9 for a lefty or slightly further back?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
kparsons743 said:
I ordered one of the Wilderness! Looking forward to receive it soon!

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will likely purchase a leather one as well for when I need to get fancy!

I have also been reading some other posts about carrying OWB with good concealment while wearing a loosely fitting t-shirt. If carrying OWB, where does the gun sit? 3 for a righty, 9 for a lefty or slightly further back?

When I used to carry OWB, it was about 3:30

posted via Tapatalk

wixthedog

Well-Known Fanatic
I much prefer IWB at the 3:30 mark or so. I can rock a t-shirt and cargo shorts all day long with a G19 or G26 at the ready. I've got a box of holsters I bought and tried but ended up hating so don't settle on the first one if you don't like it.

kparsons743

Active Fanatic
wixthedog said:
I much prefer IWB at the 3:30 mark or so. I can rock a t-shirt and cargo shorts all day long with a G19 or G26 at the ready. I've got a box of holsters I bought and tried but ended up hating so don't settle on the first one if you don't like it.
What have you landed on as your favorite?

JohnCea

Well-Known Fanatic
Kore essentials!!! this is super sizeable at all with its 1/4 inch hidden track system, That's the best for me.