Been a Glock man and got my first 1911.

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic
The RO 9mm is fantastic. Perfect for carry, accurate, looks sharp and many more attributes. Like so much thinking about getting the 5 inch. As a matter of fact, will probably start a collection of 1911's as they seem to have it all. Need to learn the disassembly of the lower frame and seems complicated but will get into the videos. Is it a waste of money to get the 5 inch?

Trump.45

Fanatic
The RO 9mm is fantastic. Perfect for carry, accurate, looks sharp and many more attributes. Like so much thinking about getting the 5 inch. As a matter of fact, will probably start a collection of 1911's as they seem to have it all. Need to learn the disassembly of the lower frame and seems complicated but will get into the videos. Is it a waste of money to get the 5 inch?
I really like my RO Champion in .45. First 1911 I ever owned that didn't have a barrel bushing. Im not crazy about having to use a tool to keep the spring compressed. I really like the fact that I can use Tula ammunition in it without fail. Inexpensive and lots of fun. Enjoy your first 1911.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Never a waste of money getting a gun, especially 1911's! I have 4.25" and 5", all good. I do prefer the 4.25 for carry (usually) It (seems, to me) to draw to target faster than the 5", but will carry either. In fact, my 5" 1911's will soon be the majority.

Taking down the 1911 is kinda scary the first time, YouTube is your friend.

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic
Never a waste of money getting a gun, especially 1911's! I have 4.25" and 5", all good. I do prefer the 4.25 for carry (usually) It (seems, to me) to draw to target faster than the 5", but will carry either. In fact, my 5" 1911's will soon be the majority.

Taking down the 1911 is kinda scary the first time, YouTube is your friend.
you convinced me. Will order 5" today!!

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Trying to decide which 1911 I will shoot today here looking like my only dry day to shoot this week left.
Guessing my Wilson CQB as it is going to be what I use in our 2 gun match in June. I do better with 20 yd head shots with it than the rest it seems. I have designed a stage at our June match a 2 gun stage with head shots at 20 yds. Both handgun and carbine. 52 shots with no misses. 26 each, 5 clay birds that have to be hit before shooting any of the others. Magazines loaded to 1st only 5. We are doing a high round count match per members requests.

Plans just got changed here looks like no shoot today unless in back yard. neighbor that helps me with dogs going to doctor and I am the driver.

Last edited:

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome. YOU WILL start collecting them. They are like potato chips, "can't own just one".

kmoist

Fanatic
My 5" RO in .45 is one of the most accurate guns i have. On a par with my Dan Wesson Guardian and better than my Colt 1911

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic
Got my Nighthawk 1911 GRP. Awesome in every aspect of 1911's. Cannot beat a Nighthawk!!!!!!!!!!!!

awmp

Well-Known Fanatic
One thing about 1911s, you will not be happy with just one, LOL.

awmp

Well-Known Fanatic
The running joke with my wife is it is like Blue Bell Ice Cream, once you have had a bite your hooked, lol.