Sold/Expired Battle Comp group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm in for either. I know JoeBob was waiting on something with the Griffen and that was the last I heard.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Well-Known Fanatic
Oooook. I've had limited trigger time behind the Griffin Comp BUT, it's good to go so far. Between being incredibly busy (JoeBob's is moving locations this weekend, and has been prepping to do so for a while :blink:) and bad weather, we've had minimal time to get more reviews done on it.

Basically, the Griffin comp is going to rival the Battlecomp 2.0, at a lower price point ($165 versus $130 retail on the Griffin Comp).

A few pics on a fellow Kansas guys' AR with the Griffin Comp:

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

They are currently working on getting them NTOA tested.

Their OAL is the same as an A2, and any supressors that use an A2 mount for a QD mount will work with this mount, including the Griffin Armament M4SD.

To be quite honest, these seem like a great option. The guys that designed, and use this product, are Operators. Austin is a contractor overseas right now, actually. The guys behind the product have earned their stripes, and know what works.

If people are at all interested, let me know. We're looking at getting a high enough quantity to do a large bulk order to get to distributor level pricing. We ideally would like to pull in (10) from each forum we're on to get people in on a killer price. The process in which it would be done, would be straight through our webcart. No sending money to a single source, or shipment to a centralized location. They would be shipped straight to your door. We would not be able to offer any forum discounts, etc, as this pricing would be all-inclusive.

These are in stock in large quantities at Griffin Armament, so the turn around would be very quick. We would charge credit cards upfront for the group buy, but you can still pay with personal check or cashiers check if you desire. You would qualify for free shipping through our web-cart so you could pickup any items at that time as well, and still get them shipped with the comp for free. We would most likely leave the offer open for ~2 weeks to purchase at the special pricing. We would place the order at the time of the special pricing window ending to ensure we order enough stock for our stock, as well as all the group buys.

What are you guys thinking? Price would be $94.95 shipped to your door. Would be no hard minimums per forum, but we're trying to gauge interest prior to starting anything so everyone can win on the deal.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
How is the sound, compensation and night flash from those things? If it truly is comparable then I am in for one. The battle comp looks cooler but if it can do the same job for that much less then :72:

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Well-Known Fanatic
How is the sound, compensation and night flash from those things? If it truly is comparable then I am in for one. The battle comp looks cooler but if it can do the same job for that much less then :72:

We're still working on getting some good footage, etc to compare the two. The Battlecomp 2.0 is not compatable with many of the "A2" mountable suppressors on the market due to some of its measurements. It also is nowhere near the same rockwell hardness in comparison with the M4SD unit. We're putting together a bit of the "technical" side of things in terms of comparing them on an engineering level, and functional level. Probably within ~1 week we'll have enough comparative data to give a good review on things, along with the group buy. Some retail packaging and whatnot is being put together now, as these just came out of machining/finishing a few weeks back, and Austin (of Griffin) just got back from Afghanistan for a month for R&R so he's got a lot on his plate at the moment.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Well-Known Fanatic
We've got some Griffin Comp's on order, we should have em within 5-7 business days most likely. They got all the retail packaging and all that figured out, so we're all set. Price has been finalized at $99.95 now shipped for the group buy window. We'll have them in stock soon, and all the technical reviews here within 1-2 weeks. Once we "announce" the group buy, we'll then post a 2 week window from that point.

Here's some Finite Element Analysis (FEA) testing done by Griffin Armament versus the Battle Comp 2.0. The BC 2.0 is not able to be used with as many supressors as the M4SD and the M4SD is a much harder material, with the M4SD being made out of 17-PH 900 treated with a Rockwell hardness of 45 on the M4SD! I'm not an engineer, or an metallurgist, but that's damn hard for a muzzle attachment :blink: .

battle-comp-vs-m4-sd-fea-sm.jpg

Here's some other information from Griffin. We'll reword stuff and put all this info in with the Griffin M4SD comp technical information once we get stuff up on the web:

Austin Green @ Griffin Armament said:
"I did take a look at a battlecomp 2.0. It isn't compatible with our suppressor because it has a .12" wide accessory groove which is about .005-.010" tighter than most A2 comps on the market.

I found the Battle Comp 2.0 accessory groove to be a non-std .121" width (military A2's .125-.130" for the most part), and the length from that groove to the front of the unit, .040" over length. This means it is incompatible with the SRT/atlas Typhoon and our M4-SD and may be incompatible with the Coastal suppressor as well. So really it's designed to be compatible with the Gemtech Halo only. The M4SD comp will work with all of the suppressors mentioned.

The OD tolerance of that is a very tight .863" also. I dropped it by accident about 3 feet onto a metal part (the comp only) and it dinged (dented the metal), suggesting 300series stainless steel.

FOS and likelyhood of bulging the material is about 5 times greater with the BC2.0- this is suggesting they are both made of 17-4PH H900 treated, and I don't think that is the case, but can't verify to be sure.

The military A2's get beat up all the time without much damage other than finish wear and are 36RC. Our comp is 45RC. A weaker material, would make the FEA test in reality much more dramatic."
The fact it won't work with most suppressors, for me, was the big deal breaker for us carrying the BC2.0, as it is not the cheapest comp out there, and if it doesn't work with the A2 Quick Disconnect suppressors on the market, then it takes quite a bit away from it's appeal.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Here's some Finite Element Analysis (FEA) testing done by Griffin Armament versus the Battle Comp 2.0. The BC 2.0 is not able to be used with as many supressors as the M4SD and the M4SD is a much harder material, with the M4SD being made out of 17-PH 900 treated with a Rockwell hardness of 45 on the M4SD! I'm not an engineer, or an metallurgist, but that's damn hard for a muzzle attachment :blink: .

Just as a random aside, you have to specify which Rockwell scale you're using for it to mean anything. Steels are typically on the C-scale, so it's most likely 45 HRc. B)

Edit: Just saw they specified C in the quote.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Well-Known Fanatic
We got the M4SD Comp's now in stock at the introductory price of $99.95 with free shipping B)

We're still getting together a bunch of video and marketing information for the comp. I shot my M4-SD Comp on my PLR16 this weekend and got a little video. It tames that 11" barreled 223 quite nicely, with no muzzle rise whatsoever :D . It actually causes the muzzle to go down a bit, and seems to increase the felt recoil a bit as it pushes the recoil BACK, rather than up.

Status
Not open for further replies.