Barrel Bending

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
So why do 3-gun shotguns not have sights? Is it because most of the targets are close up and the sights would slow you down?

Sorry I don't know much about shooting shotguns at stuff on the ground.

Also someone on 3GN mentioned having a separate rifle for longer range stages. You think people might start lugging around another shotgun with sights for the 100yd slug stages? Or are they uncommon enough not to bother?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You can't change barrels or guns for different stages.

Most don't have a rifle type setup on their shotguns because its slower and 99% of the shooting is birdshot which is fast.

ldp4570

Well-Known Fanatic
My Benelli M1 shoots slugs 18" low and 6" left at 100 yards. I was talking with Taran Butler at the AR Section 3 gun match about it and he said that he has a barrel bending device taht he fixes improper POI on shotgun barrels. I was wondering if anyone knows of a local gunsmith that can do soemthign similar. I figure the trap/skeet/clays guys that run those $15k shotguns know all about this stuff. Somebody please help!

Jesse, You'll have to find a gunsmith who uses an Arbor press. These are used to aligne/straighten the barrels on double rifles, and also on non adjustable single action revolvers to get them to POI/POA. I've only seen these once by an older gunsmith who did work for my dad. Just me as a young kid wandering around his shop asking a lot of questions. I could have spent a month in there.

dennishoddy

Let's just cut to the chase on this one.
Send it to me, and I'll run it through the Binford 5000 barrel alignment process. I'll even provide a signed certificate of completion, that will probably be a collectors item one of these days.

View attachment 3635

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354764678.843653.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354764678.843653.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts