Background checks

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Newton's law:
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

If the government keeps effin around enough and taking the rights of the people, the people are going to get to a point where they react accordingly.

Mark Hudson

Fanatic
Its hard to argue his stance, but what about person to person sales. Should they require an FFL to facilitate a background check?

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
And there is a little-known fact, something that even a lot of police departments and sheriff's offices aren't aware of. You can run a person's information through NCIC using (I think) a "P" or "Q" code that gives no personal information, but shows whether the person has a warrant or any convictions. There are some departments that know of it and charge a small (less than 20 dollar) fee to run it. Give the buyer's DL number or name and DOB and they can provide the information without compromising personal data or requiring LE contact and it doesn't count against the agency if the FBI does an NCIC audit.

Mark Hudson

Fanatic
I see both sides but I think we have to admit that the purpose of the background check is to prevent people who should not have weapons from having weapons. If that is true, how should it be OK to not insure that upon a private sale. I was on a FB group for private gun sales where guy x bought two different rifles, then on rifle number 3 someone post they found out he is an illegal alien....yet had already bought two rifles.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I see both sides but I think we have to admit that the purpose of the background check is to prevent people who should not have weapons from having weapons. If that is true, how should it be OK to not insure that upon a private sale. I was on a FB group for private gun sales where guy x bought two different rifles, then on rifle number 3 someone post they found out he is an illegal alien....yet had already bought two rifles.
That may be the purpose of a background check, but look at Nidal Hassan. No criminal record, soldier, and psychiatrist. No issues whatsoever passing a check. Like any other private property, I'm not responsible for what someone does with the items I sell them.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Vesteroid said:
Its hard to argue his stance, but what about person to person sales. Should they require an FFL to facilitate a background check?
Should they require a background check for a person to person sale of a Benchmade auto knife? I mean they are just a lethal as a firearm so why not include them? Where does it stop? Where is that line that they cross?

At some point common sense has to surface again in our society. How it's brought back to the forefront is the real question.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
What about sledgehammers? They do about 50 times as much damage as a bullet. I can go buy one right now at Lowe's and they won't even check my ID. In fact, they aren't even slightly interested in who I will smashing with it.

What about criminal background checks for car purchases? Cars are more dangerous than guns by orders of magnitude. What about background checks for McDonald's? They pass out diabetes all day every day. Rude.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
No reasonable person needs a double quarter pounder and large fries.
Really?
I've seen you power through that & more without blinking

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
David Marlow said:
That may be the purpose of a background check, but look at Nidal Hassan. No criminal record, soldier, and psychiatrist. No issues whatsoever passing a check. Like any other private property, I'm not responsible for what someone does with the items I sell them.
Wasn't the guy who gave/sold the guns to the shooters in San Bernadino arrested for providing the guns?

Vesteroid said:
the purpose of the background check is to infringe on our rights. criminals are gonna criminal

Skip1

Active Fanatic
I bought another firearm last week, and just like ever time I buy one I was delayed. I don't have anything besides a speeding ticket on my record. Yet this happens every time. Many times I am called back the same day to come pick the gun up. Oh and the lie's Obama tells about the "gun show loop hole"
what is that? Only way to buy a gun without a check is from someone walking around trying to sell their gun and buy I for cash. The guy is such a liar.