Back on Boomer Shooter

Yankee_Okie

Fanatic
Back on the forum...lost my old account information somewhere....I left Oklahoma in August and I cry everyday.....Cheech stole my AR....filthy scoundrel.....I proudly rock my triple crown holster every month up at the Sig Sauer Academy......and my boomer shooter cap....on occasion....cheers....

Yankee_Okie

Fanatic
They have a decent size campus about 136 acres...haven't developed all of it yet...they are getting ready to open up a 1000 yard range for Precision Scoped Rifle this summer. They have a good cadre of instructors mixture of military reservists, LEO , and such. The director of training is a former AFOSI agent...still in reserve status. No shooting outdoors on Sunday until after 12......church takes priority....they have plenty of ranges with assigned uses....large curiculum to choose from. They also host IDPA matches on campus. If needed they will provide students SIG weapons of choice for courses of instruction, they have the fall SIG product line available for students to play with on the range for courses. I like the half day courses they focus on quick drills for the shooter in certain sub-areas, which is great for those of us local to the academy. I never got to check out USSA, while living in Oklahoma so I can't compare.

I have run through the following courses thus far:

Concealed Carry - 2 Day - In-Depth Weapon Employment for the CC Shooter, burned through a ton of brass, lots of drills
Defensive 3-Gun - 2 Day
Point vs. Precision Shooting - Half Day Skill Shoot
SIG Armorer Classic Pistols - 220, 226, 228, 229
Skill Builder Rifle - 1 Day - Carbine Drills

On the docket for January:

AR-15 Armorer - 1 Day
Close Quarter Pistol Operator - 1 Day
Shooting on the Move - 1/2 day
Semiautomatic Pistol Instructor - 5 Day

Latest posts