B.A.M.F

UCO Shooter

Well-Known Fanatic
The fine tuning of the stock and buffer system, the automatic release of the magazine, the light-weight aluminum design, increased diameter of the magwell for easier reloads, and honestly the looks of the rifle.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Everyone seems to think that mag release is the second coming but I don't see it. You're still going to be looking at the rifle trying to figure out wtf went wrong when it goes click instead of bang.

It's a cool rifle though & I'm glad there're people actually doing different stuff & making changes.

Trunk Monkey

Well-Known Fanatic
I looked at one and it had a fwd assist on each side of the receiver and when you pushed on the fwd assist it would also release the bolt. Pretty interesting because you could just push it with your thumb and it would act as a bolt release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Unfortunately I didn't get time to fondle them and talk to their new pro staff about all the design features.

At this price point the most direct competitor is the top of the line side charger JP rifle with low mass steel or aluminum BCG and silent capture spring buffer system.

They definitely have a distinct look to them. The auto mag drop thing is a great idea if it works reliably with all your mags 100% of the time. That said the only division that requires mag changing is the 3GN factory division with its 30rd mag capacity limit. The only time you're going to need the feature is if to war with a few targets or forget to change your mags during movement like you would with your pistol. Yes there are 3GN classifiers that require mandatory reloads but those are going to be games to occur on your last round even by the gamiest of Pros. In the other divisions you simply run 35, 40, or 45, or 60 round mags to avoid mag changes at all.

Myself personally I run a coupled set of mags when I anticipate running low enough on Ammo to need extra. That typically occurs on a 40+ round stage or a stage with a lot of long range rifle. So having my coupled mags drop free would thereby cause me to lose my fastest mag to reload to. Rather then grabbing the one in the gun and moving it over to the next coupled mag I would have to go to my belt for the new mag thereby making me slower.

Without working with this system extensively my knowledge tells me the auto bolt release would be good in any situation where I ran the gun dry and even during the load and make ready command but the auto mag drop would be used more frequently in a tactical environment rather then a competitive situation where you plan your reloads based on movement because it gives you a warning that your down to one round in the chamber when your mag drops.

As far as the tuneable buffer system that could be good for those cases you need a heavy buffer for full auto applications or a light buffer for low mass gamer applications. But they don't say anything about low mass BCGs being available. If you don't have a low mass BCG I don't know that a tuned buffer will make any differences. Comparing that to the JP silent capture spring setup you can tune the JP SCS with spring weights and it is as advertised it is silent and very smooth. So this new system has to compete with that added value of smoothness and quietness that the JP SCS offers.

It's a cool gun and I'm really glad they have a bunch of my shooting buddies on their team. I hope they do some match sponsorships as well. But I don't think the right has enough unique new features that the guys running the high end JP stuff will sells those to buy these.

I like to shoot matches with hotrodded SHTF defensive rifles and occasionally my straight up defensive carbines. reliability turns me on, not star wars looks

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I don't know anybody that will load a mag to exact capacity for a required mag change on a classifier. Other than that, when would you use it? If shooting a stage where you would need a mag change due to round count, you'd have it planed in between arrays, not when the mag falls out. Besides, I can't remember the last time I needed a rifle mag change during a stage other than a 3gn classifer.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
I saw those rifles on Facebook and thought they looked really sharp. I don't shoot 3 gun, but the innovation is pretty cool. From a 2A perspective, those certainly look more like gamer guns than assault weapons. I would never buy one at that price point, but honestly, it's really great to see something from that market segment that looks different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I love innovation, Change is great. The rifle looks great & I wish more companies would come up with more original ideas like this instead of just re-tooling the same things.

I'm just not that blown away with the auto mag drop like most are.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Besides, I can't remember the last time I needed a rifle mag change during a stage other than a 3gn classifer.
Those of us who suck can remember two stages where we needed a second mag, and both times involved a round count that should only have used about half the first mag. Okay, maybe not "those of us...". I meant me. Still not impressed with this feature.

Latest posts