Atlas Custom

David D

Active Fanatic
Hey fellas, I know Atlas does mostly competition guns, but just wanted to share a gem I picked up at the LGS. I don't have pictures but will upload soon, but I found a used single stack Atlas full custom 1911 in .40 caliber. Holy crap...this sucker smokes. If any of you have thought of Atlas Custom I highly recommend them. That, and I was able to talk to Adam over the phone and can't say more about the customer service he provides. After hours calls go through to his personal cell phone and even off the clock he took the time to answer my questions and make some recommendations on what to do to make sure it runs smooth for me. Can't say enough good things about the fit and finish of this pistol...and the price...well, I paid less than what they charge for a deposit on a new one and this one is in great shape.

David D

Active Fanatic
The ignition is all EGW. Trigger is SVI. Finish is NP3. Barrel is KKM.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Now that is a mag well! Cool looking gun. I have owned Glocks and a S&W in 40, never shot one in a 1911.

Isn't is just great to actually get customer service these days? So many times I wind up hanging up on the automated thing asking what language I want help in... Even just a bit of CS goes a long way.

Liggett

Well-Known Fanatic
Adam's a great guy as you mentioned. He's shooting at our monthly USPSA matches all the time here in Vt. I've had his help on a few different pistols, even a "Colt" walther .22 that was falling apart after a couple hundred rounds. He fixed that and he helped me out when I was trying to spring my DW ECO low enough to run at the IDPA BUG power floor of 95. We never did accomplish that and I had no choice but to give up that endeavor after IDPA changed the BUG pistol rules making the ECO non compliant. (along with a couple other of our pistols)
I wish I could find one of his builds for less than the deposit price. You stole a fine 1911!