As Famine Looms, Should You Hide Your Stored Food?

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic

As Famine Looms, Should You Hide Your Stored Food? Here's What History Tells Us.

Quote:
We at the OP have been sounding the alarm on food shortages for a long time now. Whether it's been the fires at food processing facilities, farm closures, or the issues around meat production, we've been talking about it. But now, is it time to focus more on how to store food secretly?

1664673646658.gif

Last edited:

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

As Famine Looms, Should You Hide Your Stored Food? Here's What History Tells Us.

Quote:
We at the OP have been sounding the alarm on food shortages for a long time now. Whether it's been the fires at food processing facilities, farm closures, or the issues around meat production, we've been talking about it. But now, is it time to focus more on how to store food secretly?

View attachment 28602
Thank you for this great information.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
The link isn't working for me in the OP.
I just tried the link and it worked for me and I tried the link in BL's #2 post copy and the link worked in the copy. Here is another link, try this one.

dennishoddy

I just tried the link and it worked for me and I tried the link in BL's #2 post copy and the link worked in the copy. Here is another link, try this one.
That link worked.
I'm personally not a what if conspiracy type person that thinks Armageddon is going to happen, but a realist that follows actual trends.
The food issue is one that I've been following. First of all I'm an outdoorsman that can survive in the wild easily. A lot of our diet is what I dragged out of the woods and processed myself.
We "prep" by vacuum sealing veggi's, fish and so on more so for natural disasters than some Armageddon.
The folks in Florida are currently experiencing what we are prepped for.
Here in Oklahoma we experience a lot of ice storms with power being out for days if not weeks at a time.
We spent 9 days without electricity a few years ago. Ran the fireplace, cooked on coleman camp stoves with old time perk coffee pots and skillets. Light supplied by hurricane lamps or coleman lanterns and so on.
We had two families without dads from town come live with us during that time because they knew we could get through it.
We have two freezers with lots of wild game and other foods in them. At night when it went below freezing, we loaded bags of the frozen stuff and took it outside to make sure it stayed frozen, putting it back inside during the day when the temps were above freezing.
We have since invested in a generator that will power our totally electric home that has a starter. I hated pulling that rope at 2am when adding gasoline. Never again.
We have a water well we use for water at home that has a separate electrical feed and is 3/10 mile away from the house. Fortunately I had a powerful inverter that could power up the well and supply water to the house for filling jugs, bathtubs and a quick cold shower I ran off the tractor batteries for about an hour a day.

We did just fine with the kids and some adults considering it an adventure they actually enjoyed.
After 9 days without power, a friend that lives closer to town got power back and loaned us their generator.
We went another three days on that Gen before our power was restored.
Everybody went home and life was good.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Here's the gospel.
:eek:

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
That link worked.
I'm personally not a what if conspiracy type person that thinks Armageddon is going to happen, but a realist that follows actual trends.
The food issue is one that I've been following. First of all I'm an outdoorsman that can survive in the wild easily. A lot of our diet is what I dragged out of the woods and processed myself.
We "prep" by vacuum sealing veggi's, fish and so on more so for natural disasters than some Armageddon.
The folks in Florida are currently experiencing what we are prepped for.
Here in Oklahoma we experience a lot of ice storms with power being out for days if not weeks at a time.
We spent 9 days without electricity a few years ago. Ran the fireplace, cooked on coleman camp stoves with old time perk coffee pots and skillets. Light supplied by hurricane lamps or coleman lanterns and so on.
We had two families without dads from town come live with us during that time because they knew we could get through it.
We have two freezers with lots of wild game and other foods in them. At night when it went below freezing, we loaded bags of the frozen stuff and took it outside to make sure it stayed frozen, putting it back inside during the day when the temps were above freezing.
We have since invested in a generator that will power our totally electric home that has a starter. I hated pulling that rope at 2am when adding gasoline. Never again.
We have a water well we use for water at home that has a separate electrical feed and is 3/10 mile away from the house. Fortunately I had a powerful inverter that could power up the well and supply water to the house for filling jugs, bathtubs and a quick cold shower I ran off the tractor batteries for about an hour a day.

We did just fine with the kids and some adults considering it an adventure they actually enjoyed.
After 9 days without power, a friend that lives closer to town got power back and loaned us their generator.
We went another three days on that Gen before our power was restored.
Everybody went home and life was good.
God bless you sir. You did a wonderful thing. I believe the Amish, and the Mormons have the right idea. Have a metric crap ton of food put away for the lean times we all know are coming. I think those of us who have/had grand parents, and parents, or folks we know who went through the depression, and ww2 should have paid better attention to what they warned us about. I know i dang sure wish I had done so. Technology has It's place, but at times I think that place is in the back of the bus. We've been spoiled, and now the birds are coming home to roost. Stay aware, stay armed, stay safe. Do what needs to be done, in the time we have left to do it.

Last edited:

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
should have paid better attention to what they warned us about.
It's not rocket science in fact it's very simple. We need air, water & food without any of the three we die.
Why would you stay put in your home & not flee from the SHTF? Food?

We choose option 1 & 2. I believe Grandma got through loud & clear on her overseas to visit her grand
US Army, brats. Of course I was not blind as to how people outside the wire lived, they grew or hunted for their food
to survive.
No Piggly wiggly supermarkets anywhere in sight.

As for food security. :oops: Well it always has been. " You loot we shoot! "

1664895784453.png

dennishoddy

Here's the gospel. :eek:
There are some good points in that link. Some I don't agree with like supermarket chains stockpiling food to resell at higher prices. Maybe, but I personally don't think so. We have a 10 acre Albertson warehouse here in town that recieves shipments of groceries every day. Dozens of semi's dock to unload, and there are dozens loading at the same time to distribute food to their affiliate stores. I know several people who work there and that isn't happening at that facility. Others, I don't know.
Fuel prices, are certainly an issue. Trucking companies pass on fuel costs to the people that hire them that are passed on to us and so on.
Inflation hurts two groups of people. Those that produce food and those that consume it. Everything in-between charges those two groups to make up their losses.