ArmorVault Safes

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Any of you guys have one? I have also been looking at Bear, Sturdy, and a few others. I really like the features of both the Bear and Armorvault, but ArmoreVault offers the exact size I am looking for without having to get it custom made. They seem pretty similar in regards to features and I want to support a local company. So does anyone have an ArmorVault safe. If so, what do you like/dislike? Also, what model do you have? Thanks!

Lithiumokc

Founding Member
before I get started, I gotta say first My pops builds everything that comes out of AV for the last 20 something years so that makes me a bit parcel . They are both great safes. the fact that AV has been around as long as they have with zero advertising says a lot about the product they produce. Both of them will keep your stuff safe. Check out their website, Bill Wilson owner of Wilson combat uses them. http://armorvault.com

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I have the 501 ArmorVault, and my dad has the 701. I think their quality is great. We both have the split interior with the collectors door. I too wanted to keep my purchase local. I do not know anybody personally that owns a bear, but everything that I have heard about bear is good. I vote for AV just off of personal experience.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
To answer your question, I like the interior setup with the door hooks. I also like the fact that on the corners you can see grind marks that have been smoothed down and painted so you can tell that it was hand made. If you get the fire liner you can essentially double the listed weight on the website. With the fire liner my 501 weighs 600+ lbs, so you can feel the weight and quality. The only con that I can think of is the lock placement. It isn't ideal if you're in a hurry under pressure (someone kicked in your door), but I don't keep my EDC in my safe so it's not a big deal to me.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Does Armor Vault have a buy back system like Bear Safes? When I move into a bigger house in a few years, Bear Safe will come pick up my old safe and deliver the new larger safe I'm buying to my new house for 1 delivery charge and I get the full price of my first safe credited toward my new safe. That's an amazing deal!

Latest posts