Area 4 Championship 2014

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse that's how I got dq the first time. Ro so range is going hot so I made ready he tapped me on my shoulder when I holstered my gun telling me I have been dqed

45recoil

likes to party
There were a couple R.O.s that would damn near whisper the make ready command to the point several of the shooters were standing there and looking and him to wait for the second make ready command. It was still a good match. Good stage designs.

The Antichrome

On the standards bay, the RO told me to Make Ready...so I pointed to the guys who were still taping the targets. The RO was shocked, he had no idea people were still downrange. Just a brain fart, which is why its important to pick up the slack for each other.

Airic

I shoot.
The Antichrome said:
On the standards bay, the RO told me to Make Ready...so I pointed to the guys who were still taping the targets. The RO was shocked, he had no idea people were still downrange. Just a brain fart, which is why its important to pick up the slack for each other.
That happened to Micah on stage 7. Guy was downrange behind the door.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Hensy said:
Jesse that's how I got dq the first time. Ro so range is going hot so I made ready he tapped me on my shoulder when I holstered my gun telling me I have been dqed
Range is going hot is not an official range command. If the RO talks to me I'm assuming he's telling me to make ready since I double plug and can't hear.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
I saw the finger DQ. The shooter was clearing a jam with his finger in the trigger guard while at one point having the weapon pointing straight up in the air.

Obiareus

Well-Known Fanatic
So based on the "Range is going hot is not an official range command. I double plug so I can't hear" you are saying that RO's aren't allowed to say anything other than the "Official Range Commands"? ever?

Range is going hot, however outdated and old, is not something that an RO is saying to the shooter. They are making the announcement to everyone else on the range so that people know to put on hearing protection, shut the hell up so the shooter can concentrate, etc.

Assuming that anything an RO says while you are about to shoot is the "MAKE READY" command because you can't hear. Seems to me that a DQ is not only in the near future but deserved.

If you can't hear then you need to verify what he said. You not hearing exactly what was said is not the RO's fault because he, god forbid, said something that isn't in our precious rulebook.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
When I took the class Troy told us that the command of Make Ready is everyone's warning that they need to have their ass up range and their safety gear on. No reason at all to say Range is going hot and I agree 110%.

Morale of the story is everyone that's wants to run a timer and see the shooting sports progress needs to take the USPSA RO course. In outlaw 3-gun the RO's say all kinda if stupid crap that just wastes everyone's time. It's embarrassing to hear.

Latest posts