Are expensive bore brushes worth it?

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I always used the Hoppe's brand brush you can get at Wal-Mart for like $1.

I recently wore out my most recent one and I found that stuff like this exists: http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleaning-chemicals/brushes-amp-bore-snakes/bore-brushes/special-line-double-tuff-bore-brush-prod25919.aspx

Are they worth the extra money and shipping? Mostly I like being able to order a dozen and not worry about it again for a few years.

I've done the Chore-Boy trick before for barrel leading but if I can just buy better bore brushes I'd rather not mess with scrubber pads.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
That looks like a pretty good deal. The last cheap one I bought from wal-mart didn't even last one cleaning and it cost more than a buck.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Yeah I remembered that I had a Brownell's discount thingy, and after that they're the same price as the shitty Wal-Mart brushes, so I ordered a dozen.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
pre_1423664868__brownells.jpg

Just click this banner on the main page and order like normal.

dennishoddy

Bob Sanders said:
I'm still using the M16 brushes and rod that, umm, was a training loss back in 1990
I have one of the first chamber brushes that was issued when the M-16 came out. Original models came with no cleaning equipment, so the jam-0-matic issues came about.
Had to come home on emergency leave, and picked up some brushes that would form to the chamber. I could have got rich selling them.