AR15 BUIS Choices - continued

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Cheap magpul buis if your plinking. Troy buis if you life depends on it

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I say dont waste your money. Buy a good optic and you won't need them unless you are planning on using your rifle for life it death situations daily.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
I say dont waste your money. Buy a good optic and you won't need them unless you are planning on using your rifle for life it death situations daily.

Say what!?! :a102: Thats terrible advice! Your iron sights should be first and foremost. Then add a quality optic. JMO

jtischauser

I don't even have iron sights. I play games with my rifles. No need for extra crap I mean weight in them just to look cool;)

If I need to backup my $2200 scope I need my money back. Lol.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh my gravy, Well I guess a $2200 scope shouldn't fail, but I bet it has happened. I just plink with all of my firearms and occasionally they get to rid the earth of the random varmint but I personally always make sure the Iron sights are there and usable. I was recently plinking with the 22 and the scope got foggy for some reason or another, well that means that If I am down to that only then the day was over. Luckily my iron sights let me blast through a couple of hundred rounds and polish up on my open sight shooting.

jtischauser

I simply use my buddy's rifle on the next go round. Somebody's always willing to share at a match.

jtischauser

When I bought my first evil black rifle I bought a set of Troy Sights from LaRue. They looked tits but they wiggled back and forth slightly in the locked position.

Dubs Chops

Well-Known Fanatic
HK416Dmine002.jpg
H&K 416's all the way, I have them on my rifle. I haven't tried it yet but hear they lower 1/3 cowitness great.

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome info guys, I do want a BUIS so I can learn to shoot open sights well, I do like the Troy REAR Di-Optic Aperture, I will purchase one of these, until the I will use my Promag... :D

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
My experience is a little different, but a fixed front is a MUST, and I've lately gone to the LMT fixed rear to replace my ARMS #40L. The #40L was a sweet choice when I needed it, but the LMT is brick solid.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
For a magnified optic gun, Troy BUIS all the way. If using an RDS, I prefer a fixed front and Daniel Defense A 1.5 fixed rear.

jtischauser

I need a cheap set of irons for the Nordic Upper I am sending my nephews. I am sure they will like the flip up stuff. is there a decent budget model out there? remember this will be used for 0-50 yards tops by a 8 & 9 year old if their dad ever lets it out of his hands.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I need a cheap set of irons for the Nordic Upper I am sending my nephews. I am sure they will like the flip up stuff. is there a decent budget model out there? remember this will be used for 0-50 yards tops by a 8 & 9 year old if their dad ever lets it out of his hands.
Magpul-Cheap & light

Latest posts