AR trigger?

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
When i picked up my lower i bought a lower parts kits from Cold Hand. I have been very happy till now as i only shot form 50 - 100 yrd's.
I just put a new scope on it and noticed when i squeeze off rounds at 200 yrd's + i am shooting to the right.I believe this is due to the trigger pull from springs and it not being very smooth through the pull. it seems to pull smooth till it releases then pops.
Can i do something to smooth up my trigger pull on this one or will i need to get new trigger and springs?

dennishoddy

I just bought JP triggers from Tony and put in mine. You can do a little polishing on some surfaces and get a little better.
In the same amount of time, you can get significantly better performance with a custom trigger.

Armyguy78

Well-Known Fanatic
+1 on that. I installed a JP trigger in my build and it's a very smooth clean break. If you have never installed a trigger before I would recommend that you have a gunsmith help you so you don't screw up the disconnector. JP comes with instructions and a DVD to assist you, but it is literally the easiest thing to mess up if you are not carefully. I have had problems that resulted in a lot of embarrassment with a slam fire in front of about 20 people with my 7mm rem mag.

X Navy Chief

Well-Known Fanatic
I had the same problem on my first build(spikes lpk)and went with JP springs and cleaned up the mating surfaces very slightly with knife honing stones. The result was a very discernible and clean break point for very little money. Not quite up to my RR NM out of the box, but worked well for that gun which rarely see's long shots.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I'd be glad to smooth up your trigger with a little stone work for free as long as you come to me. I'm in Pryor.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
I thank you all for the feedback. I will look into smoothing this one up and getting some jp springs. thx.

Feegee

The Magic Man
I agree. Put the springs and polished the surfaces in both my m&p 15-22 and m400 lowers and it made a big difference for cheap

⬆⬆⬆this⬆⬆⬆
And cut off the back of your hammer,

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Clint Dismore said:
What is the advantage of cutting off the back of the hammer? Is it just faster?
yes, with the reduced spring power & full mass hammer, you can get light strikes.
Reducing the hammer mass allows it to move faster, striking the firing pin harder

Clint Dismore

Well-Known Fanatic
Cool, I'll have to look into that. I've had good luck so far with the pmc I've been shooting but i haven't tried it with any of my NATO rounds yet. I'm ready for my jp lower to come in with that 3 pound trigger

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Clint Dismore said:
Cool, I'll have to look into that. I've had good luck so far with the pmc I've been shooting but i haven't tried it with any of my NATO rounds yet. I'm ready for my jp lower to come in with that 3 pound trigger
I didn't have any issue even with CCI #41 nato primers, until I went shooting with my brother when it was in the 30s and snowing. The colder temps resulted in multiple light strikes. I'll be removing the spur on mine asap.

Clint Dismore

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone have pictures and details on how much to remove? At 3 gun on Saturday one guy some light strikes due to the jp springs on some hard primers. It was relatively cold

Latest posts