AR PARTS?

93 FOX

Well-Known Fanatic
I have recently built a few AR15's. While buying parts for them I have noticed that alot of them are not marked in any specific way. For example, I picked up a couple of bolt carrier groups and was told what I was buying but is there any way to identify them? How do I really know what brand they are? Or say for instance, someone in the classifieds has a Daniel Defense bolt carrier group for sale, how could someone tell if it really was?

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
I have recently built a few AR15's. While buying parts for them I have noticed that alot of them are not marked in any specific way. For example, I picked up a couple of bolt carrier groups and was told what I was buying but is there any way to identify them? How do I really know what brand they are? Or say for instance, someone in the classifieds has a Daniel Defense bolt carrier group for sale, how could someone tell if it really was?

My Daniel Defence BCG has in light lettering DD, it is just in front of the grove that is cut out so the dust cover can close.

I don't know how many different types of BCG's Daniel Defense has produced, FYI I paid 110 for mine new from AimSurplus.

Hope this was helpful!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I don't have a clue but I'd guess it's a just like the forged uppers and lowers. 3-4 places make them and everyone else rebrands them as their own.

trickpony

Fanatic
Just buy all your parts locally from Loki Weapon Systems and be assured you're getting good stuff. I buy all my parts from them except trigger groups at the moment. Wish I lived closer :)

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Just buy all your parts locally from Loki Weapon Systems and be assured you're getting good stuff. I buy all my parts from them except trigger groups at the moment. Wish I lived closer :)

Agreed! Too bad they don't post on the board more.

93 FOX

Well-Known Fanatic
I did purchase two uppers from them, I was going to go with Spikes bcg's but couldn't find one anywhere. I then went and purchased two Rock River bcg's locally.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I did purchase two uppers from them, I was going to go with Spikes bcg's but couldn't find one anywhere. I then went and purchased two Rock River bcg's locally.
I'm running 100% JP in my Loki Rifle

93 FOX

Well-Known Fanatic
That is my next purchase is a JP trigger. Which upper did you go with or did you just build it off the upper reciever?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
That is my next purchase is a JP trigger. Which upper did you go with or did you just build it off the upper reciever?
It's a Loki billet with all JP internals & LMOS, 18" Rifle gas barrel, Rolling Thunder Comp, Carbon Fiber forearm, Ergo Deluxe palm swell grip & ACS Stock.