AR-15 Upper Receiver Vice Block

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
looking at getting an upper receiver vice block, wanted to see what everyone recommended. Would just need to work on flat top uppers

Thanks

God; Ive been screwing up for the last 10 years using my tried and true Brownells Action block.

I looked at that blox workx thing and i dont like the small bearing surface it has in the vice.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
God; Ive been screwing up for the last 10 years using my tried and true Brownells Action block.

I looked at that blox workx thing and i dont like the small bearing surface it has in the vice.
:lol: You know far more than I ever will, but I do like my Block Worx set more than I like my clamshell.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic

any issues with the Brownell Action block using flat top uppers, or do they make one specifically for flat top?

byrom

Well-Known Fanatic
I have screwed up an upper using the one from spikes. With the force that was required to remove the factory barrell nut it snapped off the pivot pin wholes. I threw it away and bought a clam shell. and a new upper

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I have screwed up an upper using the one from spikes. With the force that was required to remove the factory barrell nut it snapped off the pivot pin wholes. I threw it away and bought a clam shell. and a new upper

Were you using both parts? If you have a flat top upper, you are supposed to use the part that slides onto the top rail so that the receiver is sandwitched and supported on both the top and bottom. This way it acts very similar to the clamshell design. If I have to torque anything, I use both blocks.

Latest posts