AR-15 set up....feedback please

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
I finally traded the TC Pro Hunter in for anther AR. The lower is a spike, bolt assembly by Rock River, the barrel is Citadel....I know nothing about Citadel....This is all I know.....16" finned, chromed moly barrel. 5.56 NATO chamber, 1/9 twist ,heat treated and air gauged. .936 Gas block area, extended M4 feed ramps....This is all I know....I've shot it 3 times now...The barrel has no markings at all. Kinda weird. Accuracy is actually pretty good. I've had it about a week...I'll post some pictures... The rail is made by field sport....9" Mid length Free float rail system. T6 6061 aircraft aluminum, Bead blast with type 3 anodizing, Precise CNC machining, Mil Spec 1913 Picatinny. Thats all I know...So the Citadel and Field Sport are the question marks for me. Okay enough talk. I'll post some pics so you can see what I'm talking about. I can always replace the barrel...

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
That's what I'm thinking Kurt. So far so good....it's weird looking...but I like it so far...I was just trying to get a little info on Citadel...I've heard these barrels are supposed to be better then their former barrels....there isnt much on the net about them...

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Unless it has a magpul logo or a deer head mark it ain't good enough for my safe. Just kidding! Like Kurt said WGAF if it shoots and runs?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I've never seen a barrel like that, it's definitely different.
If accuracy isn't hurting then keep it.

shooterdave

Uncivil Servant
Are you sure that isn't .45 ACP Caliber? I swear that barrel belongs on a Thompson 1928 A-1 SMG... Congrats, you have a gangsta-15

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
Gangsta...lol....Jesse I'm a firm believer in Stag. It was my first AR I bought a couple months ago....since then....I'm addicted...I hear they are coming out with a 308 later this year....That's what my gun dealer was telling me...I used Stag customer service a couple weeks ago and it was top notch..
I had my choice of getting this set up or another Model 2 Stag that he had...So I got this one for the "wife". The only site I could find Citadel barrels on was. http://www.shop.ar15hardware.com/main.sc ... They have several different barrels...The finned barrel like mine is going for 189.00... Now I just have to find a real light optic to put on the Stag for the wife....Something like an EO Tech, but half the price

Latest posts