AR-15 matches?

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
As i am building my first AR, i have been looking over the list of shooting matches and was wondering is there such a thing as just shooting AR's?
I have seen just for pistol. Tons of those.
Skeet for shot guns.
3 gun for all of the above.
can someone give me some help?

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
AR Match
The match will be held the last Sunday of each month. Club members only, but are allowed to bring one guest, which
can spot & shoot. Bring a spotting scope if you have one. Two shooters will shoot at the same time.
This is an elapsed time event; 20 rounds total, shooter will be allowed 20 rounds to get sight settings before shooting for
score; there will be a Short Course of fire at 100 meters, 8" plates, 150 meters 10" plates, 200 meters, 10" plates & 300
meters 10" plates; five rounds will be fired at each distance for a total of 20 rounds.
Long Course of fire will be at 200 meters, 8" plates, 300 meters, 10" plates, 385 meters, 10" plates & 500 meters, 10"
plates. Shooter may shoot either long course or short course or both.
Shooter will be allowed a spotter with a spotting scope to record hits on a score-card provided. Line officer will record
the elapsed time via a stopwatch.
There are two (2) categories, one is for open-sight AR's, the other is for scope-sighted AR's.
Entry fee is $10 for each course of fire. Match is not caliber specific, any caliber is OK but no armor-piercing bullets allowed.
Each AR will require a chamber safety flag when not shooting for score which will be provided if shooter doesn't have
one, if anyone has any further questions call or e-mail me, thanks,
JIM FIELDS
Match Director
OKC Gun Club
cell-405-203-1268

I just pulled this from the OKCGC Newsletter. I have never shot in one of these matches.

imacgyver

Founding Member
This looks like fun - I'll have to wait till I have my AR - hate to say it, I would not have much fun with my AK at this- but it would be a heck of a lot more challenging.

FTK87

Active Fanatic
They have a multi gun at USSA the last sunday of the month, it is usually pistol and rifle(mostly rifle), USPSA style. There is also a practical rifle match at Oil capitol, but I have yet to check it out.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
The USSA and Oil Cap matches are a lot of fun to shoot. Highly recommended. Maybe we can find some enterprising soul to put on one of those USTRA matches like was posted by the fellow from WA. No more Oil Cap matches for me, unfortunately, being on the first weekend of the month.

Latest posts