Appleseed for the Fall Season!

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello all,

As the summer heat fades away, we have several Appleseed rifle and heritage clinics scheduled in South Carolina.
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=SC&statename=South Carolina

Newberry, Sep 13-Sep 14
Gaston, Oct 18-Oct 19
Newberry, Nov 08-Nov 09

We are still looking for a host range in the Charleston area; if you know of any such facilities please let me know.

Prices are very reasonable for a two-day class; $60/adults, $20/youth, military/LE/disabled shooters free. If cost is an issue that prevents someone you know from attending (especially for kids), please contact me and I can discuss a scholarship with the event coordinator (Mrs. ArmaBorealis for at least one of them :lol: ).

On the shooting front alone, we will teach the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship: position shooting (no bench rests! prone, sitting/kneeling, and standing...), natural point of aim, six steps to firing a shot, slow and rapid fire, use of the loop or two point sling to aid accuracy, and more. The goal is to get everyone shooting at least 4 MOA with rack grade rifles and ball bulkpack ammo. Students will challenge the Appleseed Qualification Test to try to earn a coveted rifleman's patch. We'll also discuss known distance and apply the skills learned up close out to the maximum allowed to the range; we always get at least out to 100 yards with the rimfires so folks can learn about the trajectory of THEIR rifle/ammo combination.

Our instructor cadre in SC is very well rounded. We have several professional teachers that are great with kids, both male and female instructors, folks who shoot prarie dogs at 1000+ yards for fun on vacation, people with service rifle experience at Camp Perry, and military shooters. We have been pretty successful working with shooters of a wide variety of skill levels and generally have an excellent student/instructor ratio.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

An initiative of the Revolutionary War Veterans Association, Project Appleseed focuses on teaching traditional rifle marksmanship skills while reconnecting Americans of all ages and backgrounds to the people and events of the founding of our country. Participants learn about the difficult choices, heroic actions, and the sacrifices that the Founders made on their behalf in order to secure our nation?s independence and freedom. Project Appleseed has taught more than 70,000 people in all 50 states since 2006. For more information, please visit www.appleseedinfo.org

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
Bump -- we're one week out and still have some slots on the line available.

If cost or ammo availability is preventing you from coming out, please contact me. I can offer a limited number of scholarships and provide .22 at cost for a limited number of students (preferably youth shooters).

I was just out at the range yesterday for the MCRC High Power match and the weather was great at a wonderful range facility. Next weekend should be excellent!

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic

Gleedaniel13

Fanatic
Bump -- we're one week out and still have some slots on the line available.

If cost or ammo availability is preventing you from coming out, please contact me. I can offer a limited number of scholarships and provide .22 at cost for a limited number of students (preferably youth shooters).

I was just out at the range yesterday for the MCRC High Power match and the weather was great at a wonderful range facility. Next weekend should be excellent!

I am out of AMMO now. How much and how many can you offer? :?

Latest posts