Anyone using a Marine Spacer Tube on a Mossberg 930?

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Been having some issues with my 930 lately. I believe I have them fixed. I had a bent carrier latch on mine, but haven't had a chance to shoot it since replacing the part. Saw this OR3GUN marine spacer tube for the Mossberg 930/935 and wondered if anyone had any experience with it. The stuff they say about it makes sense, but I have never seen one.

http://www.oregun.com/OR3GUN/about_or3gun_marine.htm

And here is a Youtube video from the page. I have seen the type of malfunction they show in the video happen to my friends gun. He sent his back to Mossberg and they fixed it though. (I don't know how to embed Youtube videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bI6v3Wpaw8

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
Interesting. I had this problem two times, but I thought it was just the ammo, that being RIO, I don't remember the dram weight. I am not using the JM pro. I am using a regular 930 I grabbed super cheap and put the JM pro barrel on. I have been running the Winchester AA 1300 fps rounds since and it runs the gun like a champ right now. Hopefully fingers crossed it continues to like this ammo until I can get more cash put in reserve for another shotgun.

I also found I keep my 930 cleaner then it probably needs to be. Just a little crazy with it being a gas driven system. Its amazon how dirty it gets under that tube.

MarkCO

Well-Known Fanatic
That is actually kind of funny. I made a stainless spacer tube with the same function as a prototype a little over a year ago. While it fixed the dissimilar metals corrosion problem, it did not fix the other problems of the platform. Basically, it will help keep a running gun running longer, but it won't fix the intrinsic problems, which is why we decided to stop investing anymore time and effort into it.

Latest posts