Anyone use the AAC Brake?

ASH556

Active Fanatic
So here's the deal, I'd like to use my 3gun AR for other stuff (Deer hunting and longer-range plinking). I come from more of a "tactical" background and so my gun isn't really all that "raced-out" anyway. BCM BFH 16" midlength upper, KMR 15 handguard, LMT lower with Geissele SD-E trigger. No adjustable gas or lightweight carrier and I'm really fine keeping it that way. The gun runs great.

Anyway, I currently have an SJC Titan brake on the gun and have no issues with its performance. The primary reason I'm looking to make a change is that I have 2 AAC centerfire rifle silencers and I'd like the option to use them on this rifle. Does anyone shoot the AAC 51-T brake? How much of a performance tradeoff is it compared to the Titan? I changed from the JP Cooley comp to the AAC 51-T brake on my .308 for the same reason and noticed a substantial difference in performance. I'm hoping not to give up too much in the 5.56, though.

Any thoughts/feedback?

Thanks.

Rifle:
IMG_8923.jpg

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
If you could tell a substantial difference going from the JP to the AAC I would imagine the same thing would happen with the Titan.
Get a wrench and head to the range.

ASH556

Active Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
If you could tell a substantial difference going from the JP to the AAC I would imagine the same thing would happen with the Titan.
Get a wrench and head to the range.
I could tell a big difference in .308. The problem is I don't currently have a 1/2x28 AAC brake to try, so I'm hoping for some feedback prior to making the purchase. At a match in October I noticed Rob Romero was running a SilencerCo Trifecta brake. Not really one of the usual suspects for a gamer brake. Based on that, I was wondering if the AAC may be acceptable and solve my problem about wanting to use the suppressor on this rifle.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
That brake comes on the team rifle he shoots. I changed out my rolling thunder to the Silencerco ASR brake so I can use the Omega I've been waiting on. Works fine and I'm not sure I could tell the difference if I didn't already know which brake was on the rifle.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Dillen Easley has some experiences with the AAC brake.

I run the SiCo trifecta brake on my "irons" rifle and find that it does the job very well. Is it the Titan, Miculek or JP, no. But it is much better than most of the tacticrap products out there that charge $200 for phosphated monkey ****.

Latest posts