anyone tried this scope

westforkarmory

Fanatic
If I was you I would go with this model... http://www.rapidreticle.com/Main/ScopeItem.aspx?ID=1&grpID=1. I can get it cheaper than what they have it listed on there for though. It is a great scope and the company has great customer service. I have their .22 long rifle model that I dropped to the bottom of a river. And they replaced it, no questions asked. I even got an email on a Sunday from one of the owners of the company about making the exchange.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
for just a little more you could get a bulletproof Nightforce 1-4x24. Here is the K-dot for cheaper http://www.sportoptics.com/meopta-meostar-r1-4x22-k-dot-reticle.aspx

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Not a 1-4x24 but I have 2 of the 5.5-22x50's and they have honestly spoiled me. When I get all my long range guns set up with Nightforce glass I'll start on my hunting rifles and my AR will eventually all have NF glass

dennishoddy

That looks like a nice scope. There is so much quality glass out on the market now, that its hard to decide on what is better.
Its a buyers market for sure. Scopes with these features 10 years ago would be double the price.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Not a 1-4x24 but I have 2 of the 5.5-22x50's and they have honestly spoiled me. When I get all my long range guns set up with Nightforce glass I'll start on my hunting rifles and my AR will eventually all have NF glass

I love my Zeiss 6.5-20x, but a friend of mine got a NF 5.5-22x and I quickly saw how much better it could get. I was very surprised how much brighter and clearer his night force was compared to a Zeiss conquest.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
If you end up going for the Nightforce then call Jay @ Sport Optics and see what kind of deal he can get you.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I love my Zeiss 6.5-20x, but a friend of mine got a NF 5.5-22x and I quickly saw how much better it could get. I was very surprised how much brighter and clearer his night force was compared to a Zeiss conquest.

I've never been that impressed with the Conquest. They are okay. The Victory are nice though.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
I've never been that impressed with the Conquest. They are okay. The Victory are nice though.

I'm not aware of a better 20x tactical scope that costs less than $1,000. If I'm going to pay more than $1,000, it would be a Night Force.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
so what is the difference between the mil dot and FC-2 reticle on the nightforce also between the lever mount and VRF mount??
http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=156

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
http://nightforceoptics.com/RETICLES_OVERVIEW/RETICLES_DETAIL/reticles_detail.html

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
sorry to keep this thread going... anyone shot with this scope??
http://www.eurooptic.com/meopta-meostar-1-4x22-tactical-kdot.aspx

uscbigdawg

Well-Known Fanatic
The Meopta Meostar with K-Dot reticle is on my HM LR-308 rifle right now and will be using it at the Bay Area Rifle Championships tomorrow. The reticle, to me fixed the problems that others didn't quite do right. The 3 stadia at 3, 6 & 9 and the dot work really well together. I zero'ed mine with the top of the dot at 100. 200 is the bottom of the dot and the top of the 6 o'clock stadia is 300. For a longer range match, I would zero the top of the dot at 200.

There's a killer thread on Enos about the scope and can honestly say that it's a pretty bulletproof scope. Glass-wise, it's way better than the level of Leupold Mk4's and as good if not a hair less than Nightforce on optical clarity. The 1-4x is nice for CQB stages as well as drilling flashers (cold bore shot at 200 today on a MGM flasher).

I have mine mounted with a Larue SPR-E mount (I think that's which one it is) but will say to save a little money, go with the mounts from American Defense. CS Tactical hooked me up to test/try out the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x on an American Defense Scout mount and it's as good (if not in ways better) than the Larue's.

Buy with confidence.

Rich

ETA: Meopta K-Dot at CS Tactical. He's got them and just tell him I sent you. Mike's definitely one of the best to deal with.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
The Meopta Meostar with K-Dot reticle is on my HM LR-308 rifle right now and will be using it at the Bay Area Rifle Championships tomorrow. The reticle, to me fixed the problems that others didn't quite do right. The 3 stadia at 3, 6 & 9 and the dot work really well together. I zero'ed mine with the top of the dot at 100. 200 is the bottom of the dot and the top of the 6 o'clock stadia is 300. For a longer range match, I would zero the top of the dot at 200.

There's a killer thread on Enos about the scope and can honestly say that it's a pretty bulletproof scope. Glass-wise, it's way better than the level of Leupold Mk4's and as good if not a hair less than Nightforce on optical clarity. The 1-4x is nice for CQB stages as well as drilling flashers (cold bore shot at 200 today on a MGM flasher).

I have mine mounted with a Larue SPR-E mount (I think that's which one it is) but will say to save a little money, go with the mounts from American Defense. CS Tactical hooked me up to test/try out the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x on an American Defense Scout mount and it's as good (if not in ways better) than the Larue's.

Buy with confidence.

Rich

ETA: Meopta K-Dot at CS Tactical. He's got them and just tell him I sent you. Mike's definitely one of the best to deal with.

thanks, i am going to buy the newer version of it, which it doesn't appear cs has....thanks so much for the review...

Latest posts