Anyone still have a chrono that they've shot?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I lost one of the rods for the sky screens on my shooting chrony. If any of you have a broken or shot up old chrono, I could use one of the the rods.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Chrony or Prochrono?

If Prochrono I have one I'll do an "extended loan" on. That is until I shoot one of my new ones. :eek:

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I heard Hoover has a vendetta against chronographs. Probably has skyscreen rods buried in his backyard.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Mitch Gibson said:
I heard Hoover has a vendetta against chronographs. Probably has skyscreen rods buried in his backyard.
yes, he's shot 2 of mine but doesn't have the leftovers I already asked him

dennishoddy

Shot one of mine, and got the replacement at Lowes. They and ACE hardware stores carry a selection of different diameter of aluminum rods.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I shot one of my skyscreen rods a few years ago. Bent it back into shape, and it held up until BCS shot my chronograph. Then it became his chronograph. We put it back together with duct tape. Still works great. Prochrono!

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
I shot one of my skyscreen rods a few years ago. Bent it back into shape, and it held up until BCS shot my chronograph. Then it became his chronograph. We put it back together with duct tape. Still works great. Prochrono!
That's because he didn't shoot it good enough. I can show y'all how to properly shoot a chronograph. I taken 2 Millennium sensors and a Prochrono to DRT status.

dennishoddy

I took a new Caldwell ballistics precision out to the range one day that records and is set up with an Iphone. Did what I needed to do, and a guy next to me wanted to know if he could shoot his AR through it.
Sure! Just don't shoot the equipment or the rods. He shot one time, thanked me, and left the range. I went back to shooting another caliber, and it didn't work. Rebooted the phone, etc, and finally looked at the chrono. It had two perfect stripes across both sensors that were put there by the bullet he shot.
Guess I had it level. It works manually, but the Blue Tooth to the phone no longer works.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Wall said:
I lost one of the rods for the sky screens on my shooting chrony. If any of you have a broken or shot up old chrono, I could use one of the the rods.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
If you still need these let me know. I bought my shooting chrony used and it came with a bunch of extra rods. I guess that guy that owned it before me had trigger controls issues.

Latest posts