Anyone into tattoos??

Do you have tattoos? Maybe list the reason for getting them or what they mean to you.

• Of course, love the pain!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Nope, not gonna do it!

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
Lost another family member to cancer last night at 7:30! My uncle David, he was my dads younger brother (58) got sick and went down hill and died in less than 4 months. Lung cancer this time although David was a very heavy smoker for all those years and kind of the troubled one of the family in his younger days. Never really got along with him until the last decade or so he had really tried to turn his life around. Until then it would have made a really messed up episode of the Jerry Springer show!

He makes six January's in a row we lost a family member!

2016 BIL Brian (mom used to babysit him)
2017 Step Dad William
2018 MIL Bernie
2019 Dad Robert
2020 FIL Richard
2021 Uncle RIP David
I'm sorry to hear that BBBbobo. Only another week and January is over.
Hang in there brother.

Big Biscuit

Well-Known Fanatic
I have several. Maybe even some I've forgotten about because they are in places where I can't see.

We were TDY to New Orleans immediately post Katrina to rebuild. What I saw and had to do was deeply profound and had a big effect on me. I set out to make an ink memorial.

80 percent of the city was still underwater when we arrived. Surreal doesn't even begin to describe what we found.

After the brackish water was pumped out every building had to be searched. An "X" was spray painted on the wall of the searched buildings. The mark contained the agency conducted the search, the date, and their grim discoveries. These markings became known as Katrina Graffiti. That's where I started.

I wanted a good representation of Katrina Graffiti and I got it. A big red X without borders so it replicates a spray painted search X.

Only after the tattoo did I discover that I had an allergic reaction to the red ink used.

That tattoo stayed scabby for the 10 years we remained in New Orleans. Only upon our return to Texas did it completely heal.

Big Biscuit

Well-Known Fanatic
Several of my associates decided that we should all get a tattoo of a winged wheel on our forearms to commemorate our affiliation.

We stepped out of the tattoo parlor to be blinded by the bright sunlight. Out of nowhere this kid rides right into our group on a bicycle. He is screaming "Elvis is dead". WTF?

So we adjourn to the tavern next door where their TV confirmed the news. The King had left the planet.

I went on to raise three sons who probably heard that story a million times.
Now each of them has a winged wheel tattoo on their forearms.

Latest posts