Anyone get their free target stands tonight?

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
Went out like usual after election time was over and gathered a few target stands...yes they are everywhere. Good ole political signs are the best. Have enough and then some til next election time.

Good luck.

J

heymatthew

Well-Known Fanatic
Grabbed a handful on the way to work today. Gonna grab a few more on my way home.

One thing you can do that is lots of fun is to glue some clothespins along the top with the clip part up and then you can clip in playing cards or small targets, or whatever you want. It's fun to shoot the center out of an Ace card. And you can get them for about $1 per deck at the dollar stores or Maxway or something.

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
I had always thought that they were still the property of the political party and taking them was essentially theft, unless on your property? I know the have like 24 or 48 hours to remove them or face a fine, but not aware you can simply grab them for your own use.

Anyone know the law regarding this?

Personally, I find the wobble too much in even a light breeze to make effective target stands. Now, some of the larger signs may have heavy duty metal braces and might work well.

FunkyMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Litter and an eyesore on public property (road sides, etc). I'm just cleaning up trash. :D

PCShogun said:
I had always thought that they were still the property of the political party and taking them was essentially theft, unless on your property? I know the have like 24 or 48 hours to remove them or face a fine, but not aware you can simply grab them for your own use.

Personally, I find the wobble too much in even a light breeze to make effective target stands. Now, some of the larger signs may have heavy duty metal braces and might work well.

heymatthew

Well-Known Fanatic
PCShogun said:

I'm not sure about the laws. I'm guilty though. I've got a dozen or so in my car now... Gubbermint-issued target stands. :)

craigp

Well-Known Fanatic
I thought about this last night while driving home and they were all cleaned up along my route. :(

heymatthew

Well-Known Fanatic
craigp said:
I thought about this last night while driving home and they were all cleaned up along my route. :(

That happened to me. I stopped and picked up a dozen or so and was planning on getting all of the ones on the other side of the road on my way back. By 5:00 when I was headed home, they were mostly gone. I saw a couple, but nowhere near as many as there were before.

What's funny is they all have "2012" on them so they can't be re-used. Not sure why any politician would even want to come gather them up. I know the Obama/Biden ones went really quickly, I ended up with one of those. There were TONS of them on 11/6, but by yesterday, they were all but totally gone. Probably be a collector's item some day. :)

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
The way I have seen it, they have an expiration date of 7pm election night. Lol. :D

I have talked to some people on the past, and mostly the town picks them up. They do not go back and get them.

Latest posts